Video What happens if I do not recharge DishTV for 1 year ?

Sep 14, 2015
I am just want to say, that if i am not recharge Disthv after 1year then what happend? can any body help me for this matter please. waiting a valuable response.

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Skilled
Mar 4, 2008
Colodaro
They will start calling you to return the stb, if you tell them that you've thrown it in the dumpster they will leave you alone.

Reactions: bigbyte

Vagabond

Adept
Dec 20, 2011
Pune
During Tata Skys up gradation I saw worst of their services. Having their PVR brought in 2007 for 4k, I enjoyed all HD content but since this cricket world cup their services gone dust.

I will never give this hardware to them, never, after the harassment to follow up with their engineers and asking to refund for non working days.

Once in while I recharge by 10 to watch the recorded HD content and they call me with offers every month, now I harass them !

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
I have Tata Sky and Airtel at my house right now.
I only watch HD channels so both of them suck right now. Airtel is only providing 24HD channels whereas Tata has 30 but they want 1500 as HD access fees.
Airtel - 6800/yr
Tata - 7500+1500/yr

I am thinking of switching to Dish TV.
All HD channels (39) on Dish will cost me only 500/month. 250 for their Basic package and 250 for HD add-on. This seems a much better option for me right now as it is not only cheaper but I also don't have to pay for the whole year upfront.
What do you think guys?
Should I switch to Dish TV?
Airtel and Tata Sky both have given excellent customer service to me. Any known issues with Dish TV ?

Last edited:

satyanjoy

Skilled
Aug 23, 2007
Bangalore
www.ekok.in
I only watch HD channels so both of them suck right now. Airtel is only providing 24HD channels whereas Tata has 30 but they want 1500 as HD access fees.
Airtel - 6800/yr
Tata - 7500+1500/yr

All HD channels (39) on Dish will cost me only 500/month. 250 for their Basic package and 250 for HD add-on. This seems a much better option for me right now as it is not only cheaper but I also don't have to pay for the whole year upfront.
What do you think guys?
Airtel and Tata Sky both have given excellent customer service to me. Any known issues with Dish TV ?

I never heard anything negative about dishtv so far. I assume that service quality will be at per with Tata Sky and Airtel

indy1811

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
Airtel - 6800/yr
Tata - 7500+1500/yr

What do you think guys?

I never heard anything negative about dishtv so far. I assume that service quality will be at per with Tata Sky and Airtel

I don't know if this is the case now but till a while back their STB software was slow and buggy. Changing channels would take a lot more time than other providers.

I would rate Tata Sky as the fastest and Airtel 2nd when it comes to changing channels.

Also, Airtel had 33HD channels last time i checked.

http://www.airtel.in/hdchannels/

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
I don't know if this is the case now but till a while back their STB software was slow and buggy. Changing channels would take a lot more time than other providers.

I would rate Tata Sky as the fastest and Airtel 2nd when it comes to changing channels.

Also, Airtel had 33HD channels last time i checked.

http://www.airtel.in/hdchannels/
I would love to stay with Airtel but they don't offer all HD channels in a single package. And add-on cost really becomes expensive.
The Dish TV HD package contains all HD channels offered by them and this means when new HD channels get added, they'll get added to the pack.
250 bucks for all HD channels is a steal IMO.

indy1811

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
I would love to stay with Airtel but they don't offer all HD channels in a single package. And add-on cost really becomes expensive.
The Dish TV HD package contains all HD channels offered by them and this means when new HD channels get added, they'll get added to the pack.
250 bucks for all HD channels is a steal IMO.

That's how Airtel started as well. It's in the last year or so they've added a few HD channels which aren't part of any package and have to be bought separately.

250 bucks does look like a steal. Make sure you're getting all the HD channels you want. For example, i watch HBO Defined and HBO Hits in HD and i don't see that in the HD package for Dish TV. They also have a few useless HD channels like Naaptol HD etc. just to increase the channel count.

Also, their Titanium pack with HD pack comes to around 750 bucks so it isn't that cheaper than the rest...

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
That's how Airtel started as well. It's in the last year or so they've added a few HD channels which aren't part of any package and have to be bought separately.

250 bucks does look like a steal. Make sure you're getting all the HD channels you want. For example, i watch HBO Defined and HBO Hits in HD and i don't see that in the HD package for Dish TV. They also have a few useless HD channels like Naaptol HD etc. just to increase the channel count.

Also, their Titanium pack with HD pack comes to around 750 bucks so it isn't that cheaper than the rest...
Not even one provider is willing to give HBO Defined, HBO Hits and Star World Premier HD as part of any package. They have been classified as Specials and one has to opt for them.
In Dish TV, I am opting for the cheapest base pack (250) as I don't watch any SD channels anymore and using their most expensive HD add-on package (another 250). So basically getting all HD channels they offer ( apart from Specials) for Rs. 500/month.

indy1811

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
Not even one provider is willing to give HBO Defined, HBO Hits and Star World Premier HD as part of any package. They have been classified as Specials and one has to opt for them.
In Dish TV, I am opting for the cheapest base pack (250) as I don't watch any SD channels anymore and using their most expensive HD add-on package (another 250). So basically getting all HD channels they offer ( apart from Specials) for Rs. 500/month.

But don't you already own an Airtel and TS box? Won't the cost of a new HD box be an additional burden.

Airtel also has a 28 channel HD pack for 270 odd...

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
But don't you already own an Airtel and TS box? Won't the cost of a new HD box be an additional burden.

Airtel also has a 28 channel HD pack for 270 odd...
I couldn't find this pack you speak of. Can you paste the link to it please.

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Aug 26, 2011
Chennai
Does Dish TV HD set top box have the ability to output 5.1 audio? Most of the HD channels are pseudo stereo/5.1 audio. I think not only Dish, but Airtel, Tatasky they all have most of the channels in pseudo stereo/5.1 audio.

Rakesh9529

Recruit
Sep 9, 2015
Gurgaon
I am just want to say, that if i am not recharge Disthv after 1year then what happend? can any body help me for this matter please. waiting a valuable response.
After reading lots of response on your question i would say answer to your question is if you will not use your dish TV for 1 year they will deactivate your account once the account balance will be 0 but you can activate it any time by paying convenience or activation fee of ₹. 10.

indy1811

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
I couldn't find this pack you speak of. Can you paste the link to it please.

RqYlUd4.jpg

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
Dec 22, 2007
Nagpur
www.desiphotographers.com
Even I had Tata Sky HD box before which I stopped using abruptly. they do call with lucrative offers after certain period of no recharge. I think it was something half price for yearly package. currently using videocon d2h with HD pack.