Monitors What has happened to my monitor???

sunilyo

Adept
Day before yesterday i played quake4 the whole day and watched a couple of movies. Yesterday i see that the whole image is washed out. I am attaching the image.

What could be the problem? and how much would the cost to rectify the problem.

It is a viewsonic 19 inch, bought on 07 July 2007. Any idea how much warranty does viewsonic give on monitors?
Please please help???

Attachments

• DSC_4947.jpg
    DSC_4947.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 162
It doesn't look like the problem of video card as i have removed the video cable completely and checked again and still the problem persists. half the screen is washed out.

it could be a problem with video card, when video card memory has a glitch it starts to cause streaks of color lines, dots of color and stretched polygon in the games. but they keep on changing, so if the pattern on the screen is fixed it might be the problem with screen itself.

It looks like to be a graphics adapter issue only. Try degaussing the monitor if the patter stays the same then surely its your GCARD !

oye yaar. i have disconnected the monitor from the video card/GPU/GCARD (everything!!) but the result is same. Can anyone help here please....

yes... this is a problem with the video card and not monitor. Even i faced the same problem a few years ago... i opened the cabinet to set certain things right and unknowingly the screw driver i was holding touched a few soldered points in the video PCB and bang.... streaks of coloured lines appeared in my monitor....

based on my experience this problem seems to be that of a video card

sunilyo said:
oye yaar. i have disconnected the monitor from the video card/GPU/GCARD (everything!!) but the result is same. Can anyone help here please....

The Thread starter already said this and people still post that its a Graphics Card problem. :no:

In any case, sunil, if the monitor is not under warranty, you can get it diagnosed by by a third party technician. You should be able to locate someone in your city.

If its just that the colors are washed out/dimmed, it may be an issue with the LCD back light. If you are also getting those vertical stripes, chances are that some IC inside has gone bad. Repair cost will depend on the diagnosis.

I had similar problem in laptop and in my case i had to replace the motherboard ( Gpu was embedded in the motherboard )

1 You said u detached GPU i assume your monitor Data cable is alright ! then it also suggest your motherboard !

2 in case you are sure about the monitor then simply unplug it from the CPU it will run Self test or Demo screen ! checkout if it has the same pattern . if yes then its a fault of the monitor. or as suggested checkout with a laptop ( external display option ) or simply plug with other system . about the warranty part i am not sure ! others can help you to find service center near your area .

3 if in self test it's running alright , then its a problem with GPU or Mobo !

ok. I bought the monitor in July 2007, so i still have around 8 months warranty left. Can anyone give me where in Delhi i can contact an authorised service centre for viewsonic.

Ok, so today almost after 3 weeks i got a call from the viewsonic service centre. They told me that the panel of VG1930wm is not available. As an alternate they can fix the problem with a VG1921 panel. Should i go ahead with this solution ?? please advise as i dont know what difference there is between the two.

Back