what is a fair price for a ps4 (base or slim)

Douchehole

Disciple
been looking to get one for myself, but only place i found ps4's was gameloot and those people sell it for 17k for the base and 19k for the slim and imo that's way too high for a hardware that old. So here i am, would really appreciate if you guys can help out a little and thanks in advance!!

It'll be hard to find a good deal unless you find a friend selling it. I sold my 1y old PS4 pro 2y back to a friend for 18k with two controller and some games.
You can try FB groups, second hand market for PS4 is kinda big. There's also premium for cracked ones. I'm in some WhatsApp group and can send you admin number if you want. There are many listings for slim and normal but prices are in the 20k range

It'll be hard to find a good deal unless you find a friend selling it. I sold my 1y old PS4 pro 2y back to a friend for 18k with two controller and some games.
You can try FB groups, second hand market for PS4 is kinda big. There's also premium for cracked ones. I'm in some WhatsApp group and can send you admin number if you want. There are many listings for slim and normal but prices are in the 20k range
thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. And as for the ps4 i think i will have to go with xbox since the price difference is really high. Also do you see the ps4 prices coming down in future?

thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. And as for the ps4 i think i will have to go with xbox since the price difference is really high. Also do you see the ps4 prices coming down in future?
If the PS5 shortage is addressed within the next year, then yes. But with the mess going on in silicon manufacturing, no telling which way the prices will go.

Sorry i haven't been following ps prices, try FB marketplace and tech groups like Zoukart etc

I think this is really the worst time for getting a PS4. I am also on the lookout for one & cannot seam to find any at reasonable rate. I think a price of up to 15k-16k is still reasonable for a PS4 slim in good condition even in the current market but unfortunately due to no availability of PS4 consoles & lack of PS5's, third part sellers have started asking a lot of premium on these consoles which in turn have increased their prices in the used market as well. A prospective owner who want to play PS games & join the PS bandwagon now has no option except to buy these used consoles at atrocious prices or go all way & spend 50k on a PS5 if they can find one. Many folks now have some extra time & money on their hands thanks to COVID & they are buying these consoles at such prices.

I remember in early 2020 a regular PS4 500GB in repaired conditions was easily available for 11-12k on game loot if memory servers me right, similar consoles are now selling for 17k at the same place. This reminds me of a funny olx interaction that I had today with a PS4 buyer. This guy was selling his OG PS4 500GB for ~18k. Since his location was nearby mine, I decided to talk & asked if the warranty sticker was intact. He casually mentioned, of course not! Since you are required to get you PS4 serviced every 6 months how can it be intact :D.

To the OP, if you just want to game & have no specific intention of playing PS games... you should go with a Xbox. Try to find a good condition one S at around 12-13k mark or better yet spend 20k-25k & get a new/old Series S. It will last you a long time & will still have higher resale value in the future.

tech groups like Zoukart etc
Is this website legit?

Your best bet is OLX. Sometimes you get some good deals. But you will have to keep looking.

But use your usual precautions while dealing with people on OLX. And if possible visit his /her place and test the console before purchasing the console. Most legit sellers will happily allow you to test their console before making the purchase.

15-16k is a decent price for used console. Jailbroken ones will cost a little higher.

I think this is really the worst time for getting a PS4. I am also on the lookout for one & cannot seam to find any at reasonable rate. I think a price of up to 15k-16k is still reasonable for a PS4 slim in good condition even in the current market but unfortunately due to no availability of PS4 consoles & lack of PS5's, third part sellers have started asking a lot of premium on these consoles which in turn have increased their prices in the used market as well. A prospective owner who want to play PS games & join the PS bandwagon now has no option except to buy these used consoles at atrocious prices or go all way & spend 50k on a PS5 if they can find one. Many folks now have some extra time & money on their hands thanks to COVID & they are buying these consoles at such prices.

I remember in early 2020 a regular PS4 500GB in repaired conditions was easily available for 11-12k on game loot if memory servers me right, similar consoles are now selling for 17k at the same place. This reminds me of a funny olx interaction that I had today with a PS4 buyer. This guy was selling his OG PS4 500GB for ~18k. Since his location was nearby mine, I decided to talk & asked if the warranty sticker was intact. He casually mentioned, of course not! Since you are required to get you PS4 serviced every 6 months how can it be intact :D.

To the OP, if you just want to game & have no specific intention of playing PS games... you should go with a Xbox. Try to find a good condition one S at around 12-13k mark or better yet spend 20k-25k & get a new/old Series S. It will last you a long time & will still have higher resale value in the future.

Is this website legit?
Thanks for the detailes reply mate, really appreciate it.
And yeah i think I'll go with the xbox wanted to play classics such rdr 2 and other 3rd party stuff along with some 360 era games.

15-16k is a decent price for used console. Jailbroken ones will cost a little higher.
Hey, what would be a good price to get a PS4 slim 1tb (Warranty seal intact) with firmware version 9.0? I see a lot of adds on OLX with this setup but all are asking anywhere from 26k-30k which I know is a joke.

been looking to get one for myself, but only place i found ps4's was gameloot and those people sell it for 17k for the base and 19k for the slim and imo that's way too high for a hardware that old. So here i am, would really appreciate if you guys can help out a little and thanks in advance!!
If you are from Mumbai try Maxcom services (IRLA), they have good refurbished PS4 (jail break done) deals with 1 TB HDD and lots of pre-loaded games.

Hey, what would be a good price to get a PS4 slim 1tb (Warranty seal intact) with firmware version 9.0? I see a lot of adds on OLX with this setup but all are asking anywhere from 26k-30k which I know is a joke.
18-20k is the usual price which PS4 slim 1 TB sells for. You can negotiate with people on OLX. But be careful and test the console throughly and play some actual games on it before making the purchase. Genuine sellers will easily allow you to check the console.

26-30K is simply atrocious price for an used console.

I have recently sold my ps4 slim 1TB console + extra controller for 22k inr
hope you find a better deal
please note that current inflation rised used/preowned market prices aswell

Back