PC Peripherals What is best wireless keyboard to use if one is used to laptop keyboard?

raksrules

Elite
I use a Lenovo Thinkpad L480 laptop for work which was given by my office. I am always planning to see if I should get an external monitor and connect the laptop via HDMI to work on bigger screen. But that would be mean I can no longer use laptop's keyboard which of course I am used to now. I don't use the trackpad on laptop as I am more comfortable with a mouse.

Can anyone suggest what would be best wireless keyboard for someone like me in this situation?

Been using Logitech K380 for half a decade now, best keyboard I've used so far and would highly recommend for laptop/tablet users.

@raksrules

Well, "best" is a bit subjective, but I presume the ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II (Amazon India) might be the most appropriate accessory for your use case.
Didn't even know they had this. But its not available unfortunately in India.

This one looks close though to Lenovo layout

You are on a Thinkpad keyboard. Chances of getting the same feel and geeting up to speed on touch typing with other keyboards will need some practice.

Thinkpad keyboards are pretty darn good.

But like TheCoolerPlayer said you are better off with Logitech keyboards. Damn things last a long time.

But the K380 seems to be EoL.

Both these were sold here at a throwaway rates few months back..

But the K380 seems to be EoL.
It's not EOL afaik, just that a new version has released. The main difference between the new and old one is that the new one has keyboard markings only for Mac (so only alt opt, cmd printed on relevant keys instead of start/alt opt, alt/cmd etc), although ofc it can still be used with Windows systems, and that the new one is not available in the blue and yellow colours I think. If you can wait for a restock or get it through other websites, I would highly recommend it - super good typing experience, great build quality (sans backlight tho), relatively silent keypresses but still feels tactile enough, compact size and multi device switching is an absolute boon.

Edit: I stand corrected regarding the differences between old and new versions. It seems the Mac-exclusive variants have not made it to India, and so the only "difference" is that the new version has 2 more colors - white and gold - apart from the already existing blue and yellow. It's available on Flipkart rn for 2.9k before any discounts, expensive considering I paid less than 1700 for the same keyboard, but then again that was 5 years ago lol, plus electronic stuff has become quite inflated since the pandemic anyway
Also available on TataCliq as well

Last edited:
Back