What is temp1,temp2,temp3 in speedfan?

CA50

Skilled
Hi everybody, many of you might be using speedfan for monitoring your system's temperature. Can you please explain me what are temp1, temp2 and temp3, and also mention the safe temperature of these.

Thanks

I am not very sure, but I think these can be different on different boards. They generally represent cpu temp, motherboard temp and system temp. Run prime95, and stop it after a while. The fastest changing temp is cpu temp and the least chaning is system temp.

Got it temp1 is the cpu one, but what are the temp2 and temp3?? Also what is the location of the motherboard temp sensor and the system temp sensor?

if it is showing you some insane value, i.e. 120+ it means that there is no sensor on that location and you should remove that from configuration. I always found only 2 values relevant one from CPU another from System. Most of the time (3 Mobos I tried) only two of these are relevant, you can cross verify they with hardware monitor though.

^^no m8, the temperature values are as follows:
GPU : 0C
Temp1 : 37C
Temp2 : 43C
Temp3 : 38C
HD0 : 40C
HD1: 41C

Actually i am worried with my temp2 temperature that usually remain 40+, even when my cpu/temp1 temperature hovers between 36-40C. Is the temp2 temperature the temperature of the NB, because i can feel that the me NB is bit warm.

I RMAed my board recently (blew the previous one by BIOS flashing :eek:hyeah:), and the new mobo i got is OK, but i think that my NB of the previous board was cooler in comparison to this one. I already removed the heat sink over the NB and applied a fresh layer of TIM :p as there was previously less TIM. Now the temp is 40C+ (but haven`t it crossing 50C).

Will this lead to any issue?;)

^^ Ok i tried Everest, but here too the temperatures are same so you see, speedfan is lying either.
The Everest reading are
Code:
Field	Value
Sensor Properties	
Sensor Type	ITE IT8718F  (ISA A10h)
Chassis Intrusion Detected	Yes
Temperatures	
Motherboard	43 °C  (109 °F)
CPU	38 °C  (100 °F)
[B]MCP[/B]	43 °C  (109 °F)
[B]Aux[/B]	37 °C  (99 °F)
Maxtor 6V080E0	42 °C  (108 °F)
WDC WD5000AAKS-22V1A0	42 °C  (108 °F)
Cooling Fans	
CPU	2647 RPM
Chassis	2606 RPM
Voltage Values	
CPU Core	1.34 V
+2.5 V	1.33 V
+3.3 V	3.01 V
+5 V	5.00 V
+12 V	11.78 V
+5 V Standby	5.00 V
VBAT Battery	3.12 V

What is this MCP? and AUX?

MCP would ideally be media communications processor, and aux is an unassigned sensor. Do not worry about Aux. Overall your temperatures seem fine to me...!

^^

See all these things are just indicative, and not that precise. It can vary motherboard to motherboard, and how the sensing applications detects it. The only way to be precisely sure, would be to see official documentation for the board, and note down what and where each sensor actually is. The critical field are the cores. If those are fine, you really not need worry. His temperatures are in the decent ballpark, so he should be fine.

asingh said:
MCP would ideally be media communications processor, and aux is an unassigned sensor. Do not worry about Aux. Overall your temperatures seem fine to me...!
Thanks mate :)

Back