What is the warranty service like in India for Xbox and PS?

PS only has replacement. No repair, you normally get a brand new console in 2 weeks. You are required to produce the invoice and warranty card. You won't get any help from Sony if you don't have the above documents. No one I know has experienced any issues with sony except delays in receiving replacement. Post warranty period, you get replacement on payment of 50% of the existing mrp of the console as on the date of replacement request for 1 year post warranty and 75% of mrp in 2nd year post warranty.

You won't get replacement on consoles purchased from any other region.

Xbox warranty support is good but post warranty support is non existent.

PS only has replacement. No repair, you normally get a brand new console in 2 weeks. You are required to produce the invoice and warranty card. You won't get any help from Sony if you don't have the above documents. No one I know has experienced any issues with sony except delays in receiving replacement. Post warranty period, you get replacement on payment of 50% of the existing mrp of the console as on the date of replacement request for 1 year post warranty and 75% of mrp in 2nd year post warranty.

You won't get replacement on consoles purchased from any other region.

Xbox warranty support is good but post warranty support is non existent.
Does Xbox still replace consoles within warranty? and beyond warranty do they not even offer to repair here? Non existent sounds awful.

Does Xbox still replace consoles within warranty? and beyond warranty do they not even offer to repair here? Non existent sounds awful.
They replace consoles within warranty, however, they explicitly say that we have no post warranty support in India. Your only option is to ship the console for repair to US or EU and you have to bear the shipping and repair costs, which are normally higher than the cost of a new console.

my ps3 died suddenly few years back. almost 1 week remaining in warranty . took it to service center with bill. they took it and I got a brand new replacement within 2 weeks

PS is pretty much standard, take your bill and warranty card to your nearest Sony SC and it might take 1-2 weeks to get a replacement.
Post warranty you can get replacements for 50/75% of the cost based on how old it is.

For Xbox, you are out of luck after warranty ends, no support. Even during warranty it's a bit more involved than PS.

Back