Windows What is wrong with Dragnor Center, iCUE software that they are not able to detect ARGB devices.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Has I State in the title, What is wrong with Dragnor Center, iCUE software that they are not able to detect ARGB devices ?
this was the case from some time now but I thought that the argb header must have come out due to which its not able to detect it.
But as all the argb devices are working (lights are on), I don't think that is the case now. what must have good wrong ? how to fix this ?

I have tried:
1) Dragon Center for msi as Mistic light is not installing on my system saying that the system is not supported.2)
2) Have tried the iCUE software as have shifted to Corsair 5000D airflow.
3) Have tried the JackNet Argb Sync. got info on this from MSI forum itself.

Issue I am facing is :
1) Cannot control argb effects.
2) Cannot control fan speed.

argb-issue-min.jpg

try openRGB. its got MSI support recently and works on my X470
I just went to the motherboard page and saw now MSI Center is promoted instead of Dragon center so trying how that at the moment.
finally working :p

1620575747845.png

Last edited:
Ok I found the real issue. It's Open Core Bootloader. for some reason its checking the SMBios and due to system is not able to detect the information needed to display the services. current solution for me is to either manually boot from other partition else live with what I have. its a good thing that after changing the colors and coming back to Open Core keeps the lastest setting due to which ARGB issue is resolved.

Back