Graphic Cards What kind of daft would suggest iMac for gaming ? BBC Magazine GOOD HOMES

Alright here is the thing! Read this months BBC Mag Good Homes ? No !! Lucky if you missed it. I Didn't.
Right on Page no 147 where so called Computer Expert Sahil Mane in Tech Talk dishes out his expertise or rather circus to brat who dont think anything further from designing homes .

A reader goes out to ask (Name not changed :p ) Deep Somaiya from Ahmedabad :,
I am planning to buy a new home computer,primarily for my son who is a huge gaming enthusiast.I was considering an all-in-one computer, such as the iMac

Our super genius Sahil Mane in his column goes on to suggest :
Sahil Mane: As with most electronics ,the answer to whether an all-in-one computer is worth the price lies in how your're going to use it.If all your son is going to do is surf the internet,work on word documents or use some basic programs,then the imac is probably overkill.
However,if you son is planning to use any appliocations that are graphics intensive -for example ,photo editing,video or computer graphics (As if computer graphics is different from graphics )-the Apple platform is extremely powerful and will be an advantage.

The only mistake that this poor guy did was write to you which computer to get and specifically mentioned his most important need,that his son is a huge gaming enthusiast which you conveniently ignored. I am sure the unwary soul got his son a iMac elated that his question appeared in BBC Good Homes.

The column for all you reader has this highlighted:
To get Sahil Mane to share his abundant tech gyan with you,write to him at bbcgoodhomes@wwm.co.in with "Tech Talk" in the subject line.

Dear Mr.Sahil Mane please donate this months salary to Bhopal Gas victims.Thats your only solace.

:rofl: good one.

Though he is partly right, but still not pertaining to the question about gaming. Macs are great for photo editing,video or computer graphics.

^ But the reader in question clearly mentioned that his son is a huge gaming enthusiast. Now, either Mr. Sahil was referring to the Mac as being a powerful gaming platform ( if he was trying to answer the question ) or he rambled on making a generic statement you would expect from a salesman at a store. In either case, he's a dumb$%^...

Back