PC Peripherals What peripherals to ask my friend returning from US to buy ?

TrojanKing

Disciple
Suggestions on peripherals such as Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse , Headphone for Gaming/movies etc.

If there are any other components possible other than the major components like Processor, GPU, MB etc since don't want to buy those from there due to warranty issues and the price being huge.

Haven't owned any Mechanical Keyboards before or Any good mouses.

If you like logitech accessories, their G815/G915 mechanical keyboards are almost impossible to find here. Maybe some USB peripherals like a volume control or macro keyboard, this channel/playlist usually features nice stuff:

YT merch like LTT water bottles or GN mats would also be nice for any setup. ARGB neon strips and diffused light bars is something I haven't been able to find here either. Corsair stuff has international warranty.

If you like logitech accessories, their G815/G915 mechanical keyboards are almost impossible to find here. Maybe some USB peripherals like a volume control or macro keyboard, this channel/playlist usually features nice stuff:

YT merch like LTT water bottles or GN mats would also be nice for any setup. ARGB neon strips and diffused light bars is something I haven't been able to find here either. Corsair stuff has international warranty.
corsair aio's ram etc have international warranty too ?

corsair aio's ram etc have international warranty too ?

Yes, there are multiple posts about Corsair's international warranty on reddit:

Got a reply from Corsair. Apparently, any products purchased from Amazon.com, which are sold and fulfilled by Amazon themselves, are eligible for Corsair global warranty.

That was five years ago, this was six months ago from a Corsair representative:

Our products come with lifetime international warranty. While you wont be able to receive RMA service from our distributor inside India, you can still contact the global support at https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You'll most likely have to ship it at your expense to their Taiwan office (speedpost is fine), and pay for any customs duties that are imposed on the replacement. You can also choose to have it shipped to a different address, say a relative in a different country that doesn't have customs duties, like the US.

Yes, there are multiple posts about Corsair's international warranty on reddit:

That was five years ago, this was six months ago from a Corsair representative:

You'll most likely have to ship it at your expense to their Taiwan office (speedpost is fine), and pay for any customs duties that are imposed on the replacement. You can also choose to have it shipped to a different address, say a relative in a different country that doesn't have customs duties, like the US.
this is great news,hopefully they change their distri soon aswell for not aligning with their global standards. supertron is their distri i guess ? grade A assholes

5800x is $300 in the us. Still 30K here

The glorious model d wireless is a great mouse too. Get 2 if you're getting em hahaha.

check out r/buildapcsales on reddit for more us based offers. slickdeals is a great site for the same

150$
no international warranty i guess ? australia,china,india is exempt from international warranty.

Guys off late I have received very confusing answers.
Thinking of getting processor, ram and ssd from US.

But the below queries:
  • Should these be carried inside cabin or let go in cargo?
  • Processor cover will be removed but cant do it for ssd and ram due to their obvious nature esp. ram so how to go for it
  • Relative will carry the bill however what if they suspect (it was bought cheaper in US hence carrying to India)
  • Any other advise? This is all to avoid getting caught and from paying any custom duties.
Kindly suggest.

Guys off late I have received very confusing answers.
Thinking of getting processor, ram and ssd from US.

But the below queries:
  • Should these be carried inside cabin or let go in cargo?
  • Processor cover will be removed but cant do it for ssd and ram due to their obvious nature esp. ram so how to go for it
  • Relative will carry the bill however what if they suspect (it was bought cheaper in US hence carrying to India)
  • Any other advise? This is all to avoid getting caught and from paying any custom duties.
Kindly suggest.
ram ssd can the person install it in their own laptop and bring ? dont do in cabin baggage because at airport hand luggage is scanned seperately. Big luggage goes through a x-ray scanner aswell but lots of bags there, hand bags are scanned in front of you on customs exit indivisually and quite slowly and they dont hesistate to ask questions.

ram ssd can the person install it in their own laptop and bring ? dont do in cabin baggage because at airport hand luggage is scanned seperately. Big luggage goes through a x-ray scanner aswell but lots of bags there, hand bags are scanned in front of you on customs exit indivisually and quite slowly and they dont hesistate to ask questions.
Everything is for desktop build so no question on laptop installation etc.
So you suggesting to bring in checked baggage?

Back