PC Peripherals What wireless mouse is everyone using and how long have you been using it?

Logitech M585 or 590 (Silent version). Best wireless mouse ever.

I also have G502 but its button stopped working, remaped side buttons to Left and Right. Works well for HomeServer work (less mouse use)

I purchased a Logitech G502X Lightspeed last year in June and it started having problems within the first month. The left and right buttons would stop working after any intense use of mouse for an hour. I was too lazy to go to the service center so just kept it aside for a while and went back to my old Razer.

A couple of months ago I decided to finally get it RMA'd, and the replacement is working flawlessly. I will have to see how long it lasts, but apparently it should not develop double click issues as it uses optical switches.
Yah I bought my Razer Deathadder thinking it won't have double click issues. And to it's credit, it didn't. Unfortunately, it did develop scroll wheel issues. Looks like most companies are out there just to scalp customers.

Logitech lift. Great mouse, very comfortable.
2024-04-0823.51.025299529140127856850.jpg

I have been using my G304 for a year and a half. Bought off Amazon (renewed for 1136). A few months ago, started seeing left click issues. Replaced both switches with Kaihl GM 8.0 black, it keeps going!

I used to use G102 Prodigy before that for almost 2 years, then it had same issue so RMA'd and got G102 Lightsync which I then used for another 2. Keeping that as a backup mouse for now.

In my humble opinion, nothing beats the G304 with Kaihl Switches and AAA battery mod in value for money.
I bought 2x AAA NiMH batteries and been using them in G304 with small aluminium foil. Weight balance is excellent now. Sensor is pretty good on the mouse.
How hard was the replacement? I saw some tutorials on YT and the mouse seems to have a lot of plastic components which can break off, My G304 is asking for a switch replacement too.

How hard was the replacement? I saw some tutorials on YT and the mouse seems to have a lot of plastic components which can break off, My G304 is asking for a switch replacement too.
If you have the DIY spirit, it is easy enough. I watched some videos online on soldering then just followed G305 switch replacement steps from some YT video. Took me an hour but was worth it, tried it on my old G304. I later bought a new G304 & using new one instead, will just claim RMA or repair it once it starts double clicking.

Kailh GM8.0 is a good replacement switch.

If you have the DIY spirit, it is easy enough. I watched some videos online on soldering then just followed G305 switch replacement steps from some YT video. Took me an hour but was worth it, tried it on my old G304. I later bought a new G304 & using new one instead, will just claim RMA or repair it once it starts double clicking.

yeah thats ideally my best case scenario, but I am really scared of breaking some of those plastic locks, soldering is a non issue for me, I can do it easy enough but I am nowhere near dexterous enough for those finicky bits. anyways If I cant find a better mice than the G304, I'll order another one before trying to repair my current one,

yeah thats ideally my best case scenario, but I am really scared of breaking some of those plastic locks, soldering is a non issue for me, I can do it easy enough but I am nowhere near dexterous enough for those finicky bits. anyways If I cant find a better mice than the G304, I'll order another one before trying to repair my current one,
At least there seems to be some promising options now vs last year:

Exactly this. An hour with good lighting, magnetic small tip phillips 0 screwdriver and soldering stuff. Very easy to follow guides available on YT. Totally worth the 2K+ you save.

no replaceable batteries :/ this is my biggest gripe with wireless mice, I'll happily pay 10k+ for a mouse which doesnt have logi's bullshit or razer's horrible QC

Stickeys has been iffy with customer service I think.
Never heard of the other one to comment.

Using a Logitech M235 for the last 7 years. Has been abused including numerous >1m falls. Still works. No double click or any other issue. Got it for the unifying receiver.
*touchwood*

I had 3 G102’s develop the double click issue in a year and got fed up.

I bought literally the cheapest wireless mouse I could find on Amazon and has been going strong for 3 years now.

The itch to upgrade is strong, however.

Back