Camera What Your Choice of Camera Says about You

TechHead

ex-Mod
Saw this on the Interwebz. Too funny!

Canon owners
You appreciate the benefits of owning a camera system that leads in cutting-edge digital imaging technology and that offers a wealth of body, lens, and accessory options for every level of photographer, from lowly consumer to top professional. You will switch to Nikon.

Nikon owners
You appreciate the benefits of owning a camera system that leads in cutting-edge digital imaging technology and that offers a wealth of body, lens, and accessory options for every level of photographer, from lowly consumer to top professional. You will switch to Canon.

Sony owners
You believe that Sony’s innovations in consumer electronics and video technology, its leadership in digital imaging chip production, its in-body image stabilization, and its use of Zeiss optics results in a unique design synergy and products of exceptional value—because that’s what it says in the product literature. You also believe in astrology, UFOs and the Easter Bunny.

Pentax owners
You’re the sort of person who would buy a $1500 DSLR body so your stash of thread-mount, K-mount and M-mount lenses from decades ago (collectively worth $75.00 at a flea market or yard sale) won’t go to waste; either that, or you’ve never heard of a Spotmatic, Pentax LX or Takumar, you just think you look cool sporting a day-glo red camera that takes real pictures. You think people are laughing with you, not at you.

Olympus owners
You’re the sort of person who buys North Korean beer, Peruvian underwear, and French cars, not because you actually like them but because no one else does. When people question your choice of camera system you respond that Olympus images have a certain “soul†and that photographs are what matter, not the camera. You have no friends.

Leica owners
You know that no other camera other than a Hasselblad gains as much instant respect among the cognoscenti as a Leica. Although this relieves the pressure of demonstrating actual photographic prowess, it increases the need to be familiar with the subtle differences in visual signature between an Elmar, Elmarit, Summitar, Summicron, and Summilux. You are either stinking rich, living in your mother’s basement, or one lens purchase away from a divorce.

Lol, hilarious! Maybe as I fall in the categories which werent the brunt of jokes. :) ( Start Disclaimer: This does not mean I endorse the views of the article: End disclaimer)

Lol funny, but on a serious note.

Whats the big hype for range-finder cameras, a Leica M9 cost $10,000 !! Ok so it has the compact form factor, and sharp low zoom images, but INR 4.5 lakhs for it!! Seriously.... And Hasselblad, has anyone used them? Is it a fashion brand among cameras?

^Hassy and Mamiya mostly play in the medium format sector now. I know a guy here who picked up a Pentax 645D MF. The detail on the files that thing puts out is mind-bloody-blowing. That's what 40MP on a sensor 1.5 times a 36*24 gets you!

Oh, and I've heard that the red k-x and K-r help you score, and not only in the cricket sense :p

I'm an Olympus owner and would like to buy North Korean beer, Peruvian underwear, and French cars :)
Yeah, but most of what is written is true about me.

Aces170 said:
Lol funny, but on a serious note.

Whats the big hype for range-finder cameras, a Leica M9 cost $10,000 !! Ok so it has the compact form factor, and sharp low zoom images, but INR 4.5 lakhs for it!! Seriously.... And Hasselblad, has anyone used them? Is it a fashion brand among cameras?
Even I never understood the Licea crap. Though they have finest optics what hype about M9 is par above my understanding

DarkAngel said:
Errrr.... Panny uses Leica lenses :p
And Lenses does not signify Cameras :p ... Leica cameras are described as for people with lots of cash or people who go broke buying those cameras... Panny cams are much much cheaper comparable to mainstream Nikon and Canon...

Leica is like OK a lot of hype but the rangefinder system has a LOT of IQ advantages over DLSRs. For one there are no compromises when making lenses so a RF lens is super sharp wide open and aberrations are practically non existent. :)

Back