Whats a good case for iPhone 4

Switch

Skilled
Hey Guys,

Whats a good case for iphone 4. I would ideally like to buy a combination of a sleek case plus a jacket for all round protection.Let me know.

Switch

zagg is sh** u need to be an expert to apply it its so freaking complicated to apply on a iphone 4 ... dont waste ur money on zagg .. if u use zagg just use it for the front cause its easier to apply.. the full body has so many tiny bits that u cant apply it properly .

ive wasted 3k on zagg full body for 3gs and the ipad as well .

If you're looking for a decent iPhone 4 case i'd advise you to stay away from any sort of ultra-thin hard shell cases including the Switcheasy nude. Here's why:

a) They're too thin and the hard plastic material doesn't offer any useful drop protection at all. So you can never be sure your phone's going to hold against serious drops/bumps etc. Plus most of them don't have any sort of "lip" on the front of iPhone and thus no protection at all in case your phone lands on its face.

b) They actually aggravate the chances of scratches appearing on your iPhone. Dust often finds a way between the case and the phone and causes scratches to appear on the surface.

c) The material is prone to smudges and scratches on the outside as well and due to their very nature they tend to be slippery and the chances that you might drop the phone actually increase.

So lets see, they spoil the aesthetics, don't provide any sort of reliable drop protection, aggravate the chances of scratching..well, what are they good for then? Nothing, i'd say. You might as well go without a case.

Then there are another type of cases made from soft silicone material. They're cheap, some of them are bulky offer moderate to good protection but most of them look just downright obnoxious. The color/design choices available are hideous. And because they're purely made of soft silicone they're dust/lint magnets. So unless you don't care for aesthetics at all, just ignore any cases with mention of "soft silicone" in their description.

Now there are only a few good quality cases that offer some decent drop protection without adding much bulk. One of them i'd recommend you look into is the Speck Pixelskin HD. Made from a TPU derivative, it has a great build quality, doesn't add much bulk while providing decent drop protection. One of the few cases with overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Another good case is Incipio NGP, made from TPU material as well. Offers moderate drop protection and doesn't suffer from any build quality issues including the dreaded flash issue which a lot of iPhone 4 cases suffer from.

Then there's Speck Candyshell. Adds a bit more bulk than the Pixelskin HD but provides the best drop protection. Great build quality. Very reliable.

If you want the ultimate drop protection you can get the Ottorbox cases but they suck in terms of aesthetics and add way too much bulk IMHO.

Also, you might want to consider this Suede Jacket from Waterfield Designs. Pretty popular with iPhone 4 users.

SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPhone Suede Jacket - iPhone Sleeve - iPhone Bumper - TSA Checkpoint Friendly

To learn more have a look at this nicely done iPhone 4 September case round-up video here:

YouTube - iPhone 4 Case Round Up - Sept 2010 Edition

khanvis2009 said:
zagg is sh** u need to be an expert to apply it its so freaking complicated to apply on a iphone 4 ... dont waste ur money on zagg .. if u use zagg just use it for the front cause its easier to apply.. the full body has so many tiny bits that u cant apply it properly .

ive wasted 3k on zagg full body for 3gs and the ipad as well .

Aside from the application part Zagg is a complete rip-off! You can get the same the thing for fraction of cost, case in point Bestskinsever. Its exactly the same material!

But i'd stay away from any sort of wet application skins for the iPhone 4. The grippy feel sucks and takes away a lot from the natural smooth screen surface. Plus the display quality suffers as well.

Dry application static-cling type films like SGP Crystal/Oleophobic or Power Support Cyrstal are pretty good options though. They're hardly noticeable. Don't suffer from orange-peel effect and are smooth as the original screen surface.

Hey,

I am using Capdase Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case that I purchased for 650 bucks from a store called Alfa in Mumbai.

It included: 1. Case

2. Front Scratch Guard

3. Back Apple logo scratch guard

4. Stand

5. Soft Pouch

This is exactly what I have, in black.

eBay India: Capdase Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case Apple iPhone 4 - Blue (item 270649819786 end time 20-Oct-2010 15:06:24 IST)

My review: I am extremely happy. Solves the reception issue, has very good build quality with neatly cut slots for camera, dock etc. Scratchguard is very easy to apply and they have been very thoughful to include the Apple logo scratchguard also. With regards to application, there's no soap film non-sense and the stand and pouch are welcome accessories.

+1 for the Capdase Soft Jacket2 Xpose. I checked out ragin_ice iPhone 4 the other day and the case indeed looks really classy.Not too thin, not too fat. Should provide protection from moderate falls/ shocks IMO . Best part is for 650 bucks he got a high quality case , screen guard and a stand. ! :D

^ It will atleast prevent the edges and backside from dents and scratches if it falls .The LCD might or might not shatter depending on the angle and force of fall .Ive been using my phone naked since the time Ive got it cause it looks fugly with a case on :(. Have had about 3-4 falls in last 4-5 months :ashamed: . The last one was major since it went rolling down 3-4 steps (nothing happened to the phone :p) and finally I put on a big fat ugly looking Speck 3D case even though I don't like it :|.

I would advice you to buy capdase softjacket 2 xpose too... I am using capdase softjacket 2 Xpose for my iPod touch 4G... and it's just great... Doing the thing properly what it is made for... Protecting my ipod touch 4Gs scratch prone back from scratches...

Back