Windows What's the best photo / Video management application for Windows?

Hello Everyone,

My mom takes a lot of photos, like a whole lot of pictures. Now for the time being they are all in a big dump in Google photos, Phone gallery, various HDD and Cloud. I have managed to get all of them in all in one HDD.

Now I really want to sort them out somehow. I really like the photo organiser of Google Photos. But unfortunately, the size is quite limited. Her collection is approximately 250 GBs in size.[I know, I know, she takes a lot of pictures....:rolleyes: and i am in no mood to manually sort all those pics and videos]

So my question is "Is there any similar kind of software to sort the pictures and video?". I would prefer freeware but if something is really good then I don't mind paying for one-time purchase of software. But I DO NOT want a subscription type of software.

Hello Everyone,

My mom takes a lot of photos, like a whole lot of pictures. Now for the time being they are all in a big dump in Google photos, Phone gallery, various HDD and Cloud. I have managed to get all of them in all in one HDD.

Now I really want to sort them out somehow. I really like the photo organiser of Google Photos. But unfortunately, the size is quite limited. Her collection is approximately 250 GBs in size.[I know, I know, she takes a lot of pictures....:rolleyes: and i am in no mood to manually sort all those pics and videos]

So my question is "Is there any similar kind of software to sort the pictures and video?". I would prefer freeware but if something is really good then I don't mind paying for one-time purchase of software. But I DO NOT want a subscription type of software.

It's paid and is the most comprehensive media manager on the planet. Can handle millions of files and organise them whatever way you want through tags of which you can create your own

Last edited:
Thanks. I will use it and report back.

I have heard rave reviews of ADOBE BRIDGE. is it any good ?
It is free now but I guess you would need an Adobe CC account to use ?
If you already use LR or PS, then it is a no brainer. Standalone, that bloated CC installer would put me off. YMMV.

Back