Whats the current secene on the iPhone 4 jailbreak and unlock !

Switch

Skilled
Hey guys,

I would be getting my unit today and i don't know what firmware will it be on. It was bought a fortnight back so you all can pretty well guess the firmware. Also any pointers as to where i can get the jailbreak as well as the unlock.

Also for what firmware of ipad's jailbreak is available. I am currently on 3.1.x...

TIA

Switch

The greenp0ison as well as limera1n work like a charm. I am in limera1n and happy so far. 4.1 f/w should be fine. Only thing I am concerned about is the newer radio that you may have. So though "jailbreak" should be breeze, I cant say the same for unlock unless we know the radio that we'd be blessed/cursed with :p

PS: Congrats! :D

since you have asked for the unlock and it has been bought a fortnight back, 99.99% it should be on 4.1 firmware with 2.xx.xx Baseband which doesnt have an unlock. only baseband till 1.59.00 can be unlocked which was last found in devices with 4.0.2 out of the box..

i would suggest you to use limera1n as it is more simpler and even hacktivates the device. i myself tried Greenpois0n on my iPhone 4 Factory unlocked on 4.1 out of the box, but the first time Greenpois0n didnt jailbreak my device, it worked fine the second time, but limera1n was a success at the first instant. :)
and please follow the iPhone Dev team's BLOG Dev-Team Blog

currently there is no unlock available for the Baseband which your device mostly has,

rumor has it that Limesn0w is under development by a developer called Geohot but even the site says that it isn't real..

so best of luck for the unlock thing, dunno when will it come out, mostly after apple releases a stable iOS 4.2 along with updated baseband.

Keep one thing in mind, after you jailbreak ur iPhone 4, never use the reset settings and data option from the settings menu, it sends ur device into a recovery loop, for which you have to again restore the device using downloaded firmware, which is irritating a lot of times as i did that stupid thing and wasnt aware of the recovery loop thing it enters, and there to device didnt get successfully restored when i tried it for the first time.

Congrats on Owning the Most wanted device on the Planet :p

The iPhoneBlogr claims that the break in is imminent...at least a recent post claimed that 4.2 will be jailbroken within days of its release...
It's a good site to get updates.

Back