Car & Bike Whats wrong with car manufactureres now a days??

nRiTeCh

Skilled
It has been last couple of years that auto manufacturers both local and foreign are recalling their car models for replacement of parts which may pose threat to consumer safety or cars overall functioning.
No matter the glitch is small or critically big but now this recalling system has become a regular habit.
Every week or two I read two companies recalling their cars back for some or the other glitches. :eek:

I mean whats wrong with these manufacturers?
Dont they thoroughly check their model design, build quality, spares and accessories along with a detailed inspection followed by couple of test drives and crash tests before they even think of bringing their models in the market??? :sour:
They dont know the pain a customer has to go through to again bring his car back and get that fixed. It actually creates a doubtful image about the car company and the customer might not recommend the same to other buyer. :stop:

Seriously guys whats wrong with them??? Is it just that in pressure of competition and haste they launch new models just to grab an eye for themselves and woo customers with something new?
And a year down they recall that model for technical glitches.o_O
Or do they think Indian users are simply stupid to believe in anything?? This is seriously not done. Thats not professionalism. No ethics followed strictly. Whats our government doing on this? :mad:

What you guys think???

But that sounds as if you are producing some not so 100% product and then polishing it out later.
Its like installing radial tires initially & then calling it back later to fix alloys.

It's not about looks or features like tyres, it's about a glitch which gets missed with really competitive timelines for releasing cars. Even if the glitch shows up for 0.0001% cars and they are ready to fix it for everyone I would be happy with a recall instead of a failed side airbag activation issue

Recalls are good as they help in fixing potential flaws in the product that might not have been detected during initial production. They are the norm everywhere other than India. Now that these are happening here, it is a good thing. Nothing can be 100% perfect in life.

Sir, not everything is built inhouse.
A lot of parts have to be outsourced. And control on these parts is tough. The parts that are given on the test car are the absolute best quality because they know the thorough scrutiny that those will go through.

But then they cant make all parts at that cost, because they have to make a living. And the manufacturers have to make and sell cars, so they cant wait forever for the parts and neither can they test every radiator hose.

So they act only when something is wrong.

In my opinion they're pushing localisation to extreme levels in safeguarding profit margins at the cost of 100% specifications for component. In essence if a component can be used at 98% of it's acceptable tolerance but will be cheaper than the one at 100% .. they'll probably use it on local production & use the higher grade components on export qualities.

That's my theory to explain all these issues across manufacturers lately. I'm actually struggling to recall if these guys had the same issues with their export batches of the exact same models they recall here.

It is difficult to catch all issues with a small sample of test cars. Also once relased, these cars go through varying conditions all across the country. Cars are also getting sophisticated in recent times with all the onboard computer and a variety of sensors and it makes it all much more prone to failures. One more factor is that at times the same parts are supplied by different manufacturers. Though there are quality checks, sometimes things do get through and cause problems. It is good that recall is done instead of washing their hands off. You should probably have some regard for a manufacturer if they recall cars to fix a problem. It is not that cars which are not recalled run with zero issues.

Back