Whatsapp bulk messaging suggestions

jammy420

Adept
I need to send One-time WhatsApp messages to around 600 people. Has anyone explored so many options available for this purpose and which works without Whatsapp blocking my number?

Last edited:
Then automate it, you probably write a a simple script to loop through a list of numbers every X seconds and send a message.

There may be even paid tools that do this.

It'll take a while but it should work. I don't know what the rate limit is for WhatsApp. For Telegram it's 30 messages per second or something.

Last edited:
I don't think Whatsapp will give you tools to send messages to 600 people who don't have your number saved, because from their perspective, it is indistinguishable from spam. It might also be a good idea not to do this from your primary account, because it is easy for people to block and report you, if you send them unsolicited messages.

I need to send bulk WhatsApp bulk messages to around 600 people. Has anyone explored into this so many options and which works without Whatsapp blocking my number?
Check IFTTT or zapier, there is a similar kind of service providing such services.. They specialize on WhatsApp integrations.

they have to save my number. does not suit my case
...send messages to 600 people who don't have your number saved, because from their perspective, it is indistinguishable from spam
Even if a few of them report your messages, you will definitely be blocked. Sending unsolicited messages to multiple nos. is the definition of spam. If you do this over SMS, it's an insta-block of your number.

What's your use case that requires you to not save the nos. AND send bulk messages? And how did you receive those 600 nos?

Even if a few of them report your messages, you will definitely be blocked. Sending unsolicited messages to multiple nos. is the definition of spam. If you do this over SMS, it's an insta-block of your number.

What's your use case that requires you to not save the nos. AND send bulk messages? And how did you receive those 600 nos?
Broadcast requires "THEY NEED TO SAVE MY NUMBER". Read properly before questioning. I have written clearly.

they have to save my number. does not suit my case

those numbers are in public domain. Anyone looking for it can access it. BTW, who has time to save 600 numbers?

There is a reason Whatsapp Business exists. You can technically send unsolicited messages to any number you want but that would be violating WhatsApp Terms and Conditions. Even if and especially if you are sending emails to public domain numbers (For eg white house's email ID is public but boy you don't wanna send an email to that). Forget IMs even if you tried to send emails to public domain email addresses, it would be violating the terms and conditions. That's why AWS blocks port 25 across all of its services (You can get it bypassed if you are a partner but it's a manual process pending review). Now about IMs; as a retail end user no you can not do it (legally ofc). If you are working for an NGO and want to use it for charity purposes, you can get WhatsApp business without paying a dime, even then it would require you to get consent from end users in some form (that can be proved in court) that's why banks can't spam you unless you agreed to "send me updates via WhatsApp" notification.

Now technical advice aside, if you still plan to do it, do not use your personal number for this, get a throwaway and experiment. You might be able to run this for 5-6 months. Or do what 90% of unsolicited emails do, find a small email provider and send all the emails you want. But that is up to you.

As @rsaeon mentioned, it's even easier than that. You don't need names, just add a common prefix and append a number and drag it in Excel (or CSV) (WhatsAppRandom_1/2/....99....600) copy the 600 numbers in the second column, and voila you can now convert your CSV to VCF which you can import directly in android/iPhone (if i am not wrong).

Last edited:
Now technical advice aside, if you still plan to do it, do not use your personal number for this, get a throwaway and experiment. You might be able to run this for 5-6 months.

As @rsaeon mentioned, it's even easier than that. You don't need names, just add a common prefix and append a number and drag it in Excel (or CSV) (WhatsAppRandom_1/2/....99....600) copy the 600 numbers in the second column, and voila you can now convert your CSV to VCF which you can import directly in android/iPhone (if i am not wrong).
sorry if some parts of my post were confusing. I am not going to regularly send messages to this list. It is a one-time WhatsApp message to this list of numbers. yes. At present, I am creating the Excel eliminating duplicates. Also, I plan to create different copies of the same message and change a few words for different sets of people.

What I found out is WhatsApp has no issues, if I send from a regularly used WA number even for 30 messages(not figured out the upper limit). But if I use a new number on Whatsapp, which was not used in WA and start messaging then it blocks at 10 messages. and when it is done repeatedly, then it starts blocking at 5 messages. As long as the messages are not vulgar/ scam, (I guess so) they unblock every time after 24 hrs. Not tried the bulk sender yet

Back