Whatsapp: Getting Random Messages/Video calls from International nos.

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Off-late I'm getting random messages and calls on Whatsapp from unknown international nos.
When I checked in my vicinity, its happening with other people around aswell.

Any idea how this spamming begins and how to curb it? Ofcourse we can report/block these nos. but then the enxt no. pops-up..

I think Telegram has option to send messages only from contacts but whatsapp seems to be way behind.

I get such messages as well once in a while. Once I even got a call from a person pretending to be the CEO of my company (had his profile picture as well). Can't do anything but block and report. Should stop in some time.
You should have redirected that call to your current boss/manager and escalated to your actual co. ceo.

In my experience, whenever i give my Whatsapp number somewhere i get such spam calls and messages in the following days. The frequency of the spams get lower with time.
I don't give my Whatsapp number anywhere but at some places it is required and there is no other option.
The last two such experience were after giving Whatsapp number to Royaldrive bike rental office and In a job fare event nearby.

In my experience, whenever i give my Whatsapp number somewhere i get such spam calls and messages in the following days. The frequency of the spams get lower with time.
I don't give my Whatsapp number anywhere but at some places it is required and there is no other option.
The last two such experience were after giving Whatsapp number to Royaldrive bike rental office and In a job fare event nearby.
And I'm 110% sure Truecaller is the main culprit. Before TC life was very easy with only known yet ltd. spam calls for cards/loans/propeties and now when every tom dick harry using TC esp. on stock settings the data is shared with TC for spamming.

And I'm 110% sure Truecaller is the main culprit. Before TC life was very easy with only known yet ltd. spam calls for cards/loans/propeties and now when every tom dick harry using TC esp. on stock settings the data is shared with TC for spamming.
I knew that long time ago and removed it. I dont know if the telegram Truecaller bot is safe to use or not but i use that whenever i need the truecaller service.
Also i wish I didn't attend that jobfare last week, i knew it was a trap and now getting bombarded with messages of part time job scammers nd spammers. Now a days i ask for the phone number of the company owner or the superviser and scold them.

Off-late I'm getting random messages and calls on Whatsapp from unknown international nos.
When I checked in my vicinity, its happening with other people around aswell.

Any idea how this spamming begins and how to curb it? Ofcourse we can report/block these nos. but then the enxt no. pops-up..

I think Telegram has option to send messages only from contacts but whatsapp seems to be way behind.
Just block them

When I was young we would go through the phone directory and find someone with a weird name and then call them up and tease them

+1 (469) 297-3162

I will briefly introduce to you our work process. We cooperate with major merchants on YouTube, (for example: Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and other well-known brands). Every day you only need to use your free time to like a few celebrities/merchants YouTube videos and We pay 50 rupees for each task . You can earn up to 2500-5000 rupees a day.

+62 838-2308-8007

These are the Job description and requirements you need to meet i hope you meet these requirement
1. Be at least 27 years old.
2. Part-time jobs require 30 minutes of work per day.
3. After completing 3-5 part-time tasks, you can apply for a full-time job.
4. Own an ordinary smartphone.
Although this is a trial version, the company will give you a salary of 150Rs upon completion.

Got 2 of this as WhatsApp calls and then this messages

I knew that long time ago and removed it.
As long as your friends and relatives are using Truecaller, it doesn't matter whether you install this app on your phone or not. End result is the same - Truecaller has your number and other details that your friends/relatives have saved against your contact number.

Even banking apps have access to your contact list. You too are unknowingly passing on other people's details to such companies.

+1 (469) 297-3162

I will briefly introduce to you our work process. We cooperate with major merchants on YouTube, (for example: Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and other well-known brands). Every day you only need to use your free time to like a few celebrities/merchants YouTube videos and We pay 50 rupees for each task . You can earn up to 2500-5000 rupees a day.

+62 838-2308-8007

These are the Job description and requirements you need to meet i hope you meet these requirement
1. Be at least 27 years old.
2. Part-time jobs require 30 minutes of work per day.
3. After completing 3-5 part-time tasks, you can apply for a full-time job.
4. Own an ordinary smartphone.
Although this is a trial version, the company will give you a salary of 150Rs upon completion.

Got 2 of this as WhatsApp calls and then this messages
Thing is even if they are international nos they offer rupees so its all Indian scam going on.
Wonder how do they message from international proxy nos.

It's easier to get mobile numbers in some countries as compared to India.
Theres some app as well on playstore. You can use it only once for trial and then have to pay. You can choose your calling no/country etc.
I had tried it back in 2016/2015 when we were testing some alternate calling system for my friends employer back then..

Back