Where can I buy Captivate or Vibrant for 15k?

Hi everyone. I was wondering where I can buy a good condition captivate or vibrant for 15k. I am located in Bangalore. Thank you.

Hi,
U can bid on EBAY.com or buy it from amazon.com and get it shipped via Aramex.
I got myself a new Mytouch 4g along with 8 gb card for 13.1k (including shippinga nd customs).
For shipping via aramex shop and ship there is a thread on TE.

Thanks for your input. So you just need to find the deal from ebay usa and use aramex shop/ship for shipping? Just curious, how long did it take you to complete the whole process, from ordering to receiving it?

@egobrain.exe... Thanks will definitely check out. But the price range seems to be upwards from 17k onwards on ebay. Even for vibrant. I am looking for something in the 15k range.

@aradhakr84 : I got the phone in my hand in 1 week flat... The ebay seller shipped it to new york aramex office for free in 1 day from new mexico..And aramex shipped it in 5 days time. One day was wasted in getting it from Mumbai to thane by aramex. so total 7 days.
Go for captivate. It looks much better than the vibrant, although both belong top the same galaxy s Family.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Go to ebay.com not ebay.in. Bid for auctions. and u'll get it for less.. If u buy from ebay global buy it will be costly and u'll hv the headache of handling the customs etc and also it takes an awful lot of time to get to u. Better go via aramex. they handle all the customs etc and it reaches faster. Also u can check out amazon.com. they have good deals out there !!!

@vheezay : Fine enough, but what about the customs charges for your 13.5K phone via Aramex ? I had asked Aramex for my digital camera from USA and they told be unbelievable higher customs + shipping price, hence I did not buy it. But not aware of mobile/smart phone. The customs charges are depends upon yopur luck as it depends upon that customs officers mood for that day :D

Again, the locked/contract smart phones we buy from USA and shipped to India, Will they work with Indian operator's SIM ? Can we unlock the Samsung smart phones ? Is it legal (I doubt) ?

There is no problem in shipping the locked phones to India and unlocking it. They should work perfectly fine with Indian Operators. Personal experience: Recently moved to India from US, bought with me Nexus S and Captivate. Unlocked it here and used it with Airtel and Idea. Some Idiot stole my Captivate.

We can unlock Samsung and any smart phones on the market. If you unlock it with the help of carriers like ATT/T-Mobile, it is legal to use it worldwide. Else if you unlock it by yourself, then it may not be considered legal. Anyways US phones do not have warranty. So it doesn't matter.

beginner007 said:
@vheezay : Fine enough, but what about the customs charges for your 13.5K phone via Aramex ? I had asked Aramex for my digital camera from USA and they told be unbelievable higher customs + shipping price, hence I did not buy it. But not aware of mobile/smart phone. The customs charges are depends upon yopur luck as it depends upon that customs officers mood for that day :D

Again, the locked/contract smart phones we buy from USA and shipped to India, Will they work with Indian operator's SIM ? Can we unlock the Samsung smart phones ? Is it legal (I doubt) ?
@beginner :- Didnt i say.. with the custom charges included it is 13.1 k????? on mobile phones the custom duty is 1.3 %.. and dont worry abt customs..aramex will handle that for you. seems u r a noob in shipping through aramex. and btw, i had brought a unlocked mytouch 4g.. In case it is locked u can always get in unlocked by searching on google/youtube... lots of articles out there.. For samsung captivate/vibrant there is a special thread on unlocking in XDA forums.

Legal ?? of course it is... we r not buying contract phones....those phones we buy are locked but are without any contract...Plz update ur knowledge before posting..!!!
it dosent depend on luck regarding cutsom duties... for digicams the duties r different.. For mobile phones it is 1.3% . If u want i can post the aramex bill which came along with the phone..

^^^ Even though it is locked and has no contract. The handset is supposed to be used with the carrier only. Although they are being used with other carriers. That is what I was told as I am an ATT Customer for 10 years in US. Being an American and recently moved to India, I may not understand the rules here. But that is what it says when you sign a contract and get the phone. But like I said, this rule applies to people using the phone there. Since US phones do not have warranty here, it does not matter how you use it.

@vheezay : Yes, you are absolutely right to say me noob in shipping through Aramex. But what should I do, when I have asked about customs duty they have told me something unexpected value for the digicam, so I thought same be applicable for mobile phones too. But you are expert in shipping through Aramex and I'm taking words. Again, as you said ... I should have read some tutorial/articles regarding locked and contract phones. What should I do, I do not have a smart phone yet and I have never used a phone costing more than 2K in my life. I'm a dumb in this area and hence asked my queries to experts like you, to enhance my knowledge. Hope you will continue with your expertised knowledge in future too.

@beginner :- dude, seems u have taken it quite hard... all i was doing was telling dat i got the phone along with the shipping and the custom duties paid for 13.1 k.. Peace Bro !! we r not here to fight.. lets help OP.
@aradhakr84 : yes u r right, even though the phone dosent hv contract it is still locked to the carrier. But it can be unlocked over here . But if u r buying a unlocked piece frrom ebay/amazon/etc u can use it in any country i think....

@vheezay: Thank you for your confirmation. As you have already bought in $ (USD) and used Aramex for shipping, Can you please tell us which credit card provider gives BEST forex conversion rates. I mean which credit card provider asks less INR for each USD when you buy from ebay dot com OR amazon dot com OR paying by PayPal is cheaper ?

@beginner :- My phone's cost was 260$ and i had paid by paypal. the conversion rate was 1 US $ = 46.3 Indian Rupees . It changes everyday of course. The credit card's rate is also the same. Mine was a VISA card so the rate in VISA was 1 USD = 46INR.. So not much of a diff... i read somewhere that paypal is the best as they dont give the credit card details to the seller of Ebay/Amazon etc.. u just have to pay the amount through paypal. and then teh seller ships the item.

Back