Where can I find an HTC desire in Bangalore?

Hellwrath

Disciple
Hello everyone,

So, finally I have decided to buy the HTC desire. I am tired of waiting for it to launch in the Indian market and I am OK buying it off the grey market. Any leads/shops/places that you know which accept credit cards and are selling HTC desire would help me a lot. Thank you in advance.

P.S: I am aware of the ebay deal of the week, but somehow I am not too comfortable buying it off a website and hoping it isn't a lemon. I'd prefer checking the phone physically before buying it.

Regards,
Veeresh

Guys, there are two types of Desires floating on ebay.

Some are Asian version factory unlocked ones. And some are Orange and T-Mobile Desires unlocked and sold slightly cheaper.

The orange desire is the one you really do not want to buy for countless reasons. SO check personally and buy at this point or ask the dealer on ebay. Its difficult to tell it apart as there is no Orange Branding on Orange phone.

SO confirm with sellers before buying.

Shripad said:
Guys, there are two types of Desires floating on ebay.

Some are Asian version factory unlocked ones. And some are Orange Desires unlocked and sold slightly cheaper.

The orange desire is the one you really do not want to buy for countless reasons. SO check personally and buy at this point or ask the dealer on ebay. Its difficult to tell it apart as there is no Orange Branding on Orange phone.

SO confirm with sellers before buying.

Thank you for that Shripad, I'll keep that in mind while looking for one. Any way at all if I can find out whether it was on Orange before getting unlocked?

You cant make out any difference in T-Mobile or Orange HTC desire and totally unbranded, factory oced one.

All look same.

If you get black model : ITs definitely Orange Unlocked one as only Orange has this colour option.

T-Mobile and Factory unlocked have exact same boxes. No branding anywhere.

You will have to see back of the box and see Health and Safety tags. From there you will be able to make out if its Asian unbranded factory unlocked version or T-Mobile version if you know what you are looking at.

Orange comes in Black Orange Branded box. So if seller ships original box, you will be able to tell. But if sellers swaps out the box, you wont be able to tell the difference. The newer Orange Branded ones have Small Orange square on the back cover.

So make sure you check labels on the back and ensure your IMEI and Serial No matches your phone.

All HTC chargers are universal voltage ones. So dealers can easily swap out the connector adapter that plugs into the main power adapter.

But yeah it looks different.

Singapore version Desire comes with small compact single unit USB charger with non changeable round pins (which work just fine here ).

Orange and Tmobile versions come with the universal plug socket type USB charger where different pins can be attached.

Found a couple of places that are selling or rather can source an HTC desire in bangalore. Price range was from 27-29k. But guess what, I was at Reliance Digital (Mantri Square) and my cousin pulled to show me a phone. Yep, it was the Samsung Galaxy S. Sigh, what a screen. The bestest screen I have ever seen on a cell phone. I am blown away and will buy that. Earlier I had my reservations about the build quality from my experience of previous samsung phones but this one is pretty good, a little plasticky but good and what surprised me the most was it's weight. It just doesn't feel heavy at all. The quotes I got for that one is 27.8k to 28.5k (Univercell). As univercell has a tie up with HDFC bank for 0% EMI for 6 months, I'll be buying it at that price I guess. Anyone else knows about a better quote for Galaxy S in bangalore, kindly reply to this thread :). Thanks all for your help!

By the way anyone wants to try out various models (including the galaxy s), you can go to Univercell on CMH road, they have a lot of working phones on display there rather than the dummy ones.

Back