Where can i get DirectX 10?

If you have XP you can't go beyond Direct X 9.0c

If you have Vista then you already have DX 10.

If have Windows 7 then you have DX 11.

Well i think it might be possible to install dx10 in XP coz there were some hotfixes for xp ( on how to install DX10 on xp ) goggle it mate :)

: even i've tried installing dx10 on my XP & ran HAWX on DX10 on xp but wasnt able to notice any such difference

hector19 said:
Well i think it might be possible to install dx10 in XP coz there were some hotfixes for xp ( on how to install DX10 on xp ) goggle it mate :)

: even i've tried installing dx10 on my XP & ran HAWX on DX10 on xp but wasnt able to notice any such difference
Those hotfixes were not released by microsoft

hacked dx10 can be installed on xp

Anyone has installed hacked version of dx11 on xp?

Those were neither hotfixes nor hacked . Microsoft was working on DX10 for XP but decided to stop development and support for it for some reason . So the DX10 available for XP is actually an Alpha version not intended for public release . An attempt by a third party to port DX10 to XP was also not successful .
So it would suffice to say that there is no proper working version of either DX10 or DX11 for XP and no hope of one coming in the future .

DX10 or DX11 cannot be used on XP. Period. :no:

Since DX10, DX uses different driver model for Direct3D path called WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model), unlike GDI+(Graphics Device Inteface) used on XP.

Back