Where can I get housing panel for iPhone 2G?

My friend dropped his iPhone and now the screen is broken completely and I guess the digitizer also has broken. We were able to find one on ebay for about 2k. But he is also looking for the rear cover of iphone as it has suffered dents and scratches due to the fall.

I googled and found that there are housing panels available for iPhone 2G and that too not those plastic ones but metallic ones as well. But those sites do not ship to India. Can anyone please tell me where can I get the complete housing panel here in India? Need not be original but the clones that I found looks almost like the original with no difference to naked eyes.

in the 2G, you need to replace the whole display unit i.e. the digitizer, front glass and the LCD. All are fused together. If you are doing anything besides this, you are wasting your money. The cost is upward of Rs. 7000 and you need tools to remove the back panel else you will damage it.

Ragin_Ice said:
in the 2G, you need to replace the whole display unit i.e. the digitizer, front glass and the LCD. All are fused together. If you are doing anything besides this, you are wasting your money. The cost is upward of Rs. 7000 and you need tools to remove the back panel else you will damage it.

Well I saw a ebay listing for digitizer on ebay for 2k shipped. The screen for about 200 bucks. And I guess back panel shouldn't cost more than Rs.1000. The phone was pretty new actually (6 months) and hence he doesn't want to change it. I thought if it could be well repaired within 4k then it's worth it. What say?

IceFusion said:
if u r from Delhi... then Gafar market... ull get them easily :)

Unfortunately I am from Pune (and it sucks in electronics). Can you tell me some shops there where I can get them surely? Can ask my friend to drop there and ship it to me.

amol_cool said:
I googled and found that there are housing panels available for iPhone 2G and that too not those plastic ones but metallic ones as well. But those sites do not ship to India.

why not get it the KMD way??

Good quality housing available at gaffar in New Delhi gaffar markt for Rs3500.
Its not OEM but theres no compromise in quality.
Worth buying it.I got one for myself.

If you want a lower grade its also available for Rs. 2000. with no warranty on any color fades.

Back