Where to buy a ZTE Blade aka Dell XCD 35 ?

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
ZTE Blade AKA Dell XCD 35 is an android phone which i have set my sights on. I would like to know if its available anywhere in India. I have been told Dell charges 16k for the phone but it can be had for 8-9k. Does anyone know where it is available?

It's my first Android phone and I really liked it. Installed a custom Eclair ROM and phone is fast, the stock Orange ROM was bad. The OLED 480*800 display is awesome. :) I find the build pretty good too.

The downside I think is the battery. Other than that, it is an awesome phone. :)

Unlocking is easy, just have to put your Indian sim and enter an unlock code, which you can generate online for free. :)

I bought this phone in the UK, it was for 94.15 gbp including 10 gbp top up plus 18 gbp cashback, so the price came down to 76.15 gbp.. Plus I may claim VAT refund at the airport so it will be 76.15-14=62.15 gbp = 4416 INR.. :)

The built is very good and with OLED screen colors are better than TFT. I am very happy with the buy.. Icing on the cake is that it can be unlocked for free!!

^ If you had bought during the 48 hour 15% Off Sale from Orange directly, I believe it will be a TFT display, cause the OLED ones had gone out of stock few days earlier.

Anyway it's a steal for the price! :)

If you can manage to get it under 10k then its surely a steal

But guys who brought it how is the build quality of the phone ?

ZTE being a chinese company what if the build isn't that good and if you face issues within a year because there are no service centers of ZTE here

The build seems pretty good. Yes if there is a hardware fault that needs specific parts nothing much can be done. But if Dell is going to launch the XCD35 here, then it should be alright I guess.

Back