PC Peripherals Where to buy APC 550 CI slim battery

6pack

ex-Mod
A family friend brought his APC 550 CI-IN UPS to me to take out the battery since it had died.

I took the battery dimensions and the battery is slimmer than normal 12V 7AH batteries.

It's dimensions are 15cm length x 9.4 cm height x 5 cm width.

All the batteries I saw have 6+ cm width for 12v 7AH capacity online.

Battery make is CSB.

IMG-20170921-WA0002.jpg

Any similar battery available here locally?

Are you good with DIY? If yes, get the Exide thick battery, open up the UPS, break the flanges inside the UPS casing and you should be able to fit that right inside. I have done that to two of my 650VA UPS.

Are you good with DIY? If yes, get the Exide thick battery, open up the UPS, break the flanges inside the UPS casing and you should be able to fit that right inside. I have done that to two of my 650VA UPS.

It's not mine so I don't want complaints later that I broke their ups. I'm doing it for free here so I want as little trouble as possible.

Why not get it changed at an APC service center?

APC service center is not there in my area. I've seen the cost of this battery on Amazon and it's Rs.1600 for an original slim battery. We get a new ups in 1800-2000 rupees.

This ups reminds me of HP printers and their ink cartridges cost.

Edit: ups is out of warranty. It's more than 3 yrs old. Forgot to mention, going to service center, the travel charged will negate any price savings. That guy does not know anything so I will have to go with him too. We will end up spending close to 600+ for two people excluding cost of service and battery. Not viable imo.

Last edited:
Hmm... new UPS of APC for general use at home now costs around Rs 2500. Will be better to buy a new one, give your circumstances.

The battery is indeed quite costly.

I got this done to my APC UPS, still running for over two years with the exide[DOUBLEPOST=1506312189][/DOUBLEPOST]I went to the battery store , which was a car repair garage , i got them to do it for 150 rs.

I'll ask him. I don't think he would like that though. Maybe I could buy the ups off him for 200-300 rupees and use it for the tv.

I got this done to my APC UPS, still running for over two years with the exide[DOUBLEPOST=1506312189][/DOUBLEPOST]I went to the battery store , which was a car repair garage , i got them to do it for 150 rs.
yupp. I got the battery for 850 bucks, after exchanging the APC one. Did it on my own.

BTW I had two UPS, one 550VA and other 650VA. When I opened them up, both had the same battery inside. :facepalm:

Back