PC Peripherals Where to buy Corsair Carbide 400R from ?

cybermantas

Disciple
Have finalized my build and got all the parts, except for the most important, the cabinet. Unfortunately I want the Corsair Carbide 400R which is not available anywhere on Lamington road. So can anyone provide details of any shop in India that have the part available AND can also ship the same ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am in Mumbai

Have finalized my build and got all the parts, except for the most important, the cabinet. Unfortunately I want the Corsair Carbide 400R which is not available anywhere on Lamington road. So can anyone provide details of any shop in India that have the part available AND can also ship the same ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am in Mumbai

Flipkart is your best bet in this case, even though they are overpriced on most computer components.

I would also suggest that you take a look at CoolerMaster 690 II USB 3.0. I put in a lot of research while buying a cabinet, and the CM 690 II was the best VFM case that I could find.
  • Build quality is better.
  • You can fit a water cooling solution above the body of the case between the plastic mesh and the case AND|OR on the bottom of the case.
  • Cable Management is not as good but there is enough. If you have a 750W power supply you will have problems if it's not modular.
  • Side Window.
  • Lower HDD Cage is not removable in case of 400R.
  • The rubber feet at the bottom are simply amazing. You can slide your hand underneath the case completely and it's very stable and doesn't move one bit,

Here is my setup:

http://www.techencla...dvanced-usb-30/

I had some problems with the HDD enclosure, but it's probably just me.

Also irrespective of which cabinets you go for, both have shitty stock fans. I suggest you a buy a couple of these. These move a lot of air, look good and make very little noise. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions with regards to CM 690 II.

• Build quality is better.
  • You can fit a water cooling solution above the body of the case between the plastic mesh and the case AND|OR on the bottom of the case.
  • Side Window.

I had some problems with the HDD enclosure, but it's probably just me.

Also irrespective of which cabinets you go for, both have shitty stock fans. I suggest you a buy a couple of these. These move a lot of air, look good and make very little noise. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions with regards to CM 690 II.

Okay the three point I have high-lighted above are for the following reason --
  • Corsair cabinets are overall good in build quality, Cooler Master 690 is an old design and has a long run in production. So I think good build quality is speculative.
  • The Corsair Carbide apart from the bottom location, supports the Corsair H100 easily in the same sandwich configuration at the top. Also, I have seen plenty of Cooler Master 690's / 690 II and 690 Advanced in my time and removing the top cover is frankly an exercise in wrestling.
  • Side Window is also a speculative addition it doesn't improve performance.

Okay the hard-drive cages on all Cooler Master 690's / earlier HAF models are like that and are flimsy, I prefer the simpler snap-on system used by Cooler Master STORM products and NZXT.

Those fans you mentioned are Cooler Master SickleFlow's they are available cheaper on the street, the price ranges from ~400/- -->550/-. I will not call them quiet but yes thy are a lot better than the stock fans you get on a cabinet, to reduce their noise you can under-volt them further.

Just my point of view, Cheers!!

Thanks for the responses guys... #[member='mehrotra.akash'] , I actually did check flipkart and they didnt have the product a day earlier, now it seems they do...

#[member='cyberwarfare'], called Aditya Infotech and got the number for the guy you mentioned, but couldnt reach to him immediately...

@All, called up Itwares and they managed to find one unit with a distributor yday, paid for it and should be shipped today... it is at a very decent price (4400/- compared to flipkart's 5050/-), but shipping will cost 800 bucks by my option... so yeah comes about the same...

Thanks again for the help guys... my upgrade should finally be pieced together this weekend, assuming they deliver by then
<

Okay the three point I have high-lighted above are for the following reason --
  • Corsair cabinets are overall good in build quality, Cooler Master 690 is an old design and has a long run in production. So I think good build quality is speculative.
  • The Corsair Carbide apart from the bottom location, supports the Corsair H100 easily in the same sandwich configuration at the top. Also, I have seen plenty of Cooler Master 690's / 690 II and 690 Advanced in my time and removing the top cover is frankly an exercise in wrestling.
  • Side Window is also a speculative addition it doesn't improve performance.

Okay the hard-drive cages on all Cooler Master 690's / earlier HAF models are like that and are flimsy, I prefer the simpler snap-on system used by Cooler Master STORM products and NZXT.

Those fans you mentioned are Cooler Master SickleFlow's they are available cheaper on the street, the price ranges from ~400/- -->550/-. I will not call them quiet but yes thy are a lot better than the stock fans you get on a cabinet, to reduce their noise you can under-volt them further.

Just my point of view, Cheers!!

The 400R does not support the sandwiched configuration at the top.

400R does not have a dust filter at the top.

No hot swap sata dock at the top.

PSU cut out on the tray is much smaller compared to 690II.

Nobody uses a firewire port anymore. I have no idea why they have included that.

I fail to see a single design improvement other than the dented side panel that the 400R has. For a few hundred bucks the 690 II is better. There are a few cons, such as the PSU dust filter removal not being possible without removing the PSU.

I dunno, I'm just extremely happy with my purchase and I feel that you really can't go wrong with a 690II.

About those fans, it depends on how you place them. I had them placed at the bottom horizontally, and they were producing a little noise, but when I swapped them out for the rear fan and placed them vertically they produced very little to no noticeable noise and they do move a lot of air. I'm assuming it's because of the type of bearing that they have.

Back