Where to buy Corsair power cable in Bangalore

Hi

No i moved to Bangalore and forgot the cable:(

Are you sure this cable will work? I have 2x3080 ti that need to run on this. I'm afraid it might melt and ruin the psu (or the motherboard)

Thanks

Hi

No i moved to Bangalore and forgot the cable:(

Are you sure this cable will work? I have 2x3080 ti that need to run on this. I'm afraid it might melt and ruin the psu (or the motherboard)

Thanks
It is 18AWG and rated at 10 amps. Should be fine but please wait for others to pitch in. Original cable will be hard to purchase separately as they come bundled with PSUs. I personally have never seen Corsair selling power cables separately. Why not ask someone from home to send it to you? If not possible, you can also try requesting one from Kaizen as they handle Corsair RMA.

Edit: My bad. It is not 10A. It is rated at 250V 6A. Still enough for up to 1500W of power draw. Still wait for inputs from others.

Last edited:
Yes if others might pitch in it would be great. I can get it shipped here but it'll take time. I think i can use the generic one in the meantime without imposing a lot of load on the cable.

I'll try calling Kaizen tomorrow, see if they sell it.

I'm afraid it might melt and ruin the psu (or the motherboard)
A weak cable will get hot enough and release magic smoke until it breaks itself. Your PC will try to source as much current it wants but the worse that can happen is it won't get it, so there is no chance of melting and blowing something in your PC. Only the power cable will get damaged.

Are you sure this cable will work?
As an electronics hobbyist, I can say if you want to test if that cable will be able to take the load or not, what you can do is, plug that cable in, boot your PC, put max load on, immediately place one hand on your PSU power button and in the other hand hold the power cable from the center point tightly, as soon as you feel it getting any warm or hot, you hit the kill switch.

It you don't feel any temperature change, the cable is fine for that load.

Now, if don't want to get into any of that mess, I can link you a real high quality cable, it will come from the overseas, LINK
It's listed on mouser.in (a place to buy all kind of discrete electronic components).

There is a site/company here in India, which will import this part and deliver it to you and they will take care of all the customs stuff. All you have to do is go to their site semikart.com and enter the part number which in your case is 693-3-101-514 . The cable will show in their site. It will cost you about 1660 including everything customs, delivery etc.

The catch it will take long time, can also take one month.

The datasheet of that cable - LINK

As your psu is 1000w with a power draw of 4Amps at 250V and if we assume full load and around 80% efficiency the total power draw is 1200w/4.8Amp@250V. Any wire of gage AWG16 and above will easily handle it without issue. The problem with pre-made wires(bought online) is the wire will be marked as AWGxx but the quality is so bad that it will be a few levels below(eg a AWG 16 is actually worth AWG18), it not universal but we will never know unless we dismantle it so there is that.The reason the wire that comes with the psu is bulky is that the manufactures use the exact gauge that is needed and it tends to do its job.
If you go with diy route a 3 core AWG16 guage cable will be about rs50-rs60 per meter(might be less depending on manufacturer, I am quoting Finolex prices here), the 3 pin main plug is around rs30 and the psu connector(IEC C13) will be about rs60, so in total you can make a cable that you can use with even a higher end psu(1500w) for the cost(around) of rs200.

The pinout of IEC C13 and the 3 pin power connector is, if you hold it facing you, the left is line, middle is earth, and the right is neutral.

Edit 1: IEC C13 cost like rs40-50 on indiamart, so edited it to reflect the price

Back