Budget 51-70k Where to buy from lamington road?

Ajaxaki

Recruit
Please tell me the shop on lamington road from which I'll get genuine product at a cheaper price during that time.
I'm planning to build my own pc so please tell me the appropriate shops.

Please tell me the shop on lamington road from which I'll get genuine product at a cheaper price during that time.
I'm planning to build my own pc so please tell me the appropriate shops.

there're some shops where i deem you could get your gear a bit cheaper; on the main road & in/around Tara Temple lane. i had one of my friends' system built from one such shop (cant recall the name). you'd have to go 'boots on the ground' to explore & ask around.

there're some shops where i deem you could get your gear a bit cheaper; on the main road & in/around Tara Temple lane. i had one of my friends' system built from one such shop (cant recall the name). you'd have to go 'boots on the ground' to explore & ask around.

Any would suggest to do it only if you know your stuff well.

After seeing what goes around, I would not buy from anywhere but prime. Oh, and IT Wares.

After seeing what goes around...

would like to know on this briefly...

i myself source whatever i want from prime. least hassle, good contacts and service. but OP wants stuff for 'cheaper' & prime doesnt have/give the best prices i think.
BTW why IT Wares? hasnt Rahul had quite a few run-ins across forums?!

For sure PrimeABGB... Thats the place you visit at first. Nice & Polite staff. Also very competitive pricing there. Good Service.

ItWares ... Visited this shop only once and never ever went there. Heard a lot about ItWares before visiting. But shocked to see the arrogant behavior of the owner and pricing. It seems like he is the only one in the market after looking at his behavior. Also pricing is also bit on higher side.

PCWorld is also good one. Competitive pricing here too.

Last edited:
Avoid Mahavir Electronics. I paid 650 for an Xtec PSU - its temporary since my PSU blew, only to find that the MRP of the same is 600 :facepalm:

Additionally, avoid Sun Systems, cheats. Laptop World too - they tried to pull a fast one with my company with i3 based Celeron laptops.

^ok. 1st understand PSU.

Your 1st PSU burnt?? Local cheap PSU can damage motherboard and other components also.

"""" (copied from other source...)
PSU is often the most ignored part of your computer system. But in reality, it is the most important.

A typical Indian buyer is most likely to buy an el-cheapo inefficient and highly overrated PSU with extremely poor voltage regulation, noise and ripple. And one day when that PSU will die, it will take your system along with it. There is a reason why a good 500w PSU tends to cost in excess of Rs. 3000 and a crap desi 500w PSU will cost only Rs. 700.

This will only deal with companies you should AVOID at every cost. Not with whether X company is better than Y.

1. Cooler Master: Avoid Elite Power, Extreme Power Plus, old GX series. They all are bad. Good ones are Real Power Pro and Silent Pro. But 99.5%, your local shop will be having Extreme Power Plus and it is not value-for-money since much better alternatives are around. So..don't get fooled by the brand name, concentrate on the model name.
2. VIP: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
3. Zebronics: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
4. Intex: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
5. Circle: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
6. Quantum: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
7. Odyssy: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
8. Frontech: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
9. iBall: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
10. Mron: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
11. Foxin: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
12. GSM: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
13. Hytech: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
14. Mercury: poor desi PSU. Stay away.
15. and stay away from every other local desi brand.
""""

Last edited:
^ok. 1st understand PSU.

Your 1st PSU burnt?? Local cheap PSU can damage motherboard and other components also.

PSU is often the most ignored part of your computer system. But in reality, it is the most important.

A typical Indian buyer is most likely to buy an el-cheapo inefficient and highly overrated PSU with extremely poor voltage regulation, noise and ripple. And one day when that PSU will die, it will take your system along with it. There is a reason why a good 500w PSU tends to cost in excess of Rs. 3000 and a crap desi 500w PSU will cost only Rs. 700.

This will only deal with companies you should AVOID at every cost. Not with whether X company is better than Y.

1. Cooler Master: Avoid Elite Power, Extreme Power Plus, old GX series. They all are bad. Good ones are Real Power Pro and Silent Pro. But 99.5%, your local shop will be having Extreme Power Plus and it is not value-for-money since much better alternatives are around. So..don't get fooled by the brand name, concentrate on the model name.
""""

Thanks, I know about PSU's, but these are for temp use and I would rather not put in 2K for a Corsair or CM. As an electronics engineer, I know what stress is caused by the cheaper PSU's.

Thanks, I know about PSU's, but these are for temp use and I would rather not put in 2K for a Corsair or CM. As an electronics engineer, I know what stress is caused by the cheaper PSU's.
Yes, better go with Antec VP series or Corsair CX series.
Best is Seasonic S12II series.
Never go with Corsair VS series.

^ok. 1st understand PSU.

""""
Are you a desi hater? As you have only listed desi psus.
&
Apart from CM you havent mentioned a single global brand. Havent you heard about Corsair, Antec, XFX or Seasonic??

Back