Camera Where to buy Panasonic GH2

They are just imported pieces by cart2india online. Cant trust them for 75k product. I hope the camera is now available locally with warranty. Anyone seen that in any shops at Bangalore/Chennai?

jennifer123 said:
Is there any better hybrid camera available here than GH2?

Depends on your criteria whether you want a small size,should it have a VF ,is IQ important etc.

If you want good IQ in small form factor then the NEX series should be fine.But lacks a built in VF.

The Gh2 isn't exactly that compact,it does have a EVF.Other alternative is the Sony SLT A33 or A35 which also has a EVF and has the best AF for video but its bigger then the Gh2.

jennifer123 said:
I prefer the 24p and the only competitor to GH2 is Sony A77, is that too available here friends?

The Sony A35 records in 25p for the pal region and 30P for NTSC region.

The newer NEX models such as NEX-5N shoots 1080p at 60fps as does the A65 and A77 SLT cameras.

My main motive is Video. GH2 wins at any day over NEX-5N because of its manual control. But I will consider A77 definitely. Any idea when it will be available here.

The NEX-5N has far more manual controls over the previous NEX models you can control aperture during the video,you can also adjust the shutter before the video starts.The Gh2 still has edge in manual controls for video .

But if video is your primary criteria then look at dedicated video camera.If you want the option to change lens even in a video camera and want a depth of field you get in APS-C size sensors get a NEX-VG10 /VG20 camcorder comes bundled with a 18-200mm lens which alone costs $700.

Oh dear, I already have GS400 and NX5U for video. Now I need a pure hybrid camera for hand-held use. So have to find a GH2 or should I wait for A77? The advantage of GH2 is raw HDMI out, touchscreen Focus Pull, hackable. But A77 has FullHD 60p, Auto Focus Pull, 12fps and APS-C.

Well in that case you can buy a GH-2,but if you want that fast PDAF that you get get in SLT you can settle for the cheaper A65,unless you want the weather sealed camera body and lens of the A77,a bit faster AF.

Guys, After a Long waiting period, got a call from Panasonic India that they have got GH2 in stock. But the price is very high in India, they quoted me INR. 1,05,000 for a GH2 + 14-140 Lens (MRP is 1,09,000) which in US cost around $1200. What should I do now friends, Can I import it from US? How much DUTY i may have to pay if I bought it through ebay.com?

Back