Camera where to get actual price of cameras from?

6pack

ex-Mod
feel like buying a camera (depends on vfm and around 10-20k budget)

saw two sites but the same camera models had this Heaven - Earth price difference in prices.

link 1 - Canon Digital Camera Powershot A640 10mp Carrycase Sd Card 2 Gb Rs. 14990.00

link 2 - Canon Powershot A640 ( 10 Megapixel , 4x Optical Zoom) New Low Price 18990 and with 2gb card Rs.20500

same diff in S3IS and the above budget 340D - huge diff in price here :huh:

so what i need to know is where can i get the actual price of the camera i want to buy? any site or place i can verify? :D

Edit: forgot to ask this:

which of these to choose?

Canon Digital Camera Powershot A630 8.0 Mp

Canon Digital Camera Powershot A710IS 7.1 Mp

Canon Digital Camera Powershot A640 10.0 Mp

Canon Digital Camera Powershot S3IS 6.0 Mp

Canon Digital Camera Powershot G7 10.0 Mp

detailed comparison table here

for point&shoot get a710

for best cam with full manual control get a s3

for dslr get a d80 or 400d (i think)

get it from sifymall.com , great prices with a year of dealer warranty

jjmehta is selling mostly grey market items
his rates are most of the times 10 to 20% higher than the actual grey market prices like chandni chowk photography market
a640 does not have image stablisation go for a710s
s3is is also a good choice but it has been replaced by s5is recently
if you want to buy DSLR than Nikon d40x offers best bang of buck

happy clicking

^^ even the d40x doesn't have image stabilization

likewise the d80 and d100

they dont have zoom feature :eek: and no movie clip recording??

6pack said:
^^ even the d40x doesn't have image stabilization

likewise the d80 and d100

they dont have zoom feature :eek: and no movie clip recording??

Dont get D40 or D40X as it wont Autofocus with most of the older lenses that Nikon makes. Better get Canon 350D or 400D instead. Or a Nikon D80 if your budget permits. But things you should know about SLR's before taking the plunge...

1. Image Stabilization is a lens feature... at least as far and Nikon/Canon are concerned. Some lenses have IS and some don't. (Its labeled as VR on Nikon)

2. None of the SLR's available in the market shoot video.

3. All kit lenses have zoom. The Canon 18-55mm = 3X zoom (55 divided by 18)

4. Getting an SLR is only half the expense, or maybe lesser. You will want to buy a few decent lenses...and with the exception of a 50mm prime lens (no zoom :p), almost all good lenses cost upwards of 20k, atleast....

Besides, you need to be above average in your photography concepts or atleast a avid learner to produce decent shots ;)

^^ Ok I did not want to say that... but now that Anish has :p... dont go for an SLR unless you are genuinely interested in photography and are willing to read a lot about it.

^^ yes i found that out while reading reviews of the nikon dslr cameras.

btw the dslr's are way out of budget and i'm not a pro photographer, just a once-in-a-while photographer if u know what i mean :)

spending above $1000 for a kit is waaaaaaay beyond my affordability......

no one mentioned the sony dsc h9 or whatever till now??? seems like a nice buy if they dropped the tag a bit.... ;)

@6pack: Indiaplaza is a highly reliable store, from my experience (at least 3 yrs).. Delivery is prompt, and customer care is good.. If you get a good deal at indiaplaza, I recommend that you go forward with it.. I recently got an iMate SP5M for my friend at 10K from indiaplaza.. :D

For digicams, sifymall offers the best prices. I have purchased from them and the delivery was real quick. Payment made on a Friday and the camera was received on Monday. Just 3 days. The only issue is that the warranty is a 1 year dealer warranty. That is anyway better than gray market with no warranty at all.

Back