Where to repair Sony RX100 in Bangalore ?

saidu

Disciple
Folks,

I am looking for reliable camera service centre in Bangalore to repair Sony RX100 M1. The camera is out of warranty. Though I gave it for repair in Sony Service Centre in Koramangala, they were unable to repair the problem properly. The problem is that the lens barrel get stuck in middle and the camera screens says "Switoff and Switch on the camera". This happens all the time. Any reliable repair centre information will be highly appreciated.

Mata Camera Service
+(91)-80-33674035
Opp Jayadeva hospital,next to furniture town, BTM Layout, Bangalore - 560068, Near jaydeva hospital

Mata Camera Service
+(91)-80-33674035
Opp Jayadeva hospital,next to furniture town, BTM Layout, Bangalore - 560068, Near jaydeva hospital
Thank you drone for the details. Kindly share any previous experience, if you have. I will visit there this weekend.

One of my friend who stays in jp nagar
..went there . He gave the details . His camera was also sony dslr. ..They fixed it

I gave my brother's RX100 to Indiranagar Sony Service Center last year. This is a place I go to for any sony products I own (mobile, camera, and laptop). They have two centres next to each other.. They will do a good job but usually very costly. I paid 5k (approx) for VAIO laptop charger that also did not include the power cable :).

Authorised Service Centre

SONNET CARE

237-240 13TH CROSS CMH ROAD HAL 2ND STAGE INDIRA NAGAR BEHIND SHANTHI NAGAR BANGALORE-560038

Get Directions:To Here - From Here

(080)41125226 / 9591278400

Operating Hours: 10:00AM - 7:00PM (Weekly Off - Sunday)
http://www.sony.co.in/section/servicecentres/1014489

Don't forget to update with your experience.
OK.. Here is the details on my visit there on this Saturday.

First made a call to BTM layout Mata Camera Service centre. The guy there told me that they are only a collection center and the actual work will be done in SP Road Mata Camera Repair, Opposite to Ankit. After listening to the symptoms, he told me that it might be an alignment issue. They charge Rs.550/- for alignment related repair. While repairing it, if they feel that any component needs to be replaced, they would call back with the actual quote of replacement. So I have the dropped the camera in BTM Layout now as I did not had enough time to go to SP Road.

Will keep you guys posted with further updates.

I gave my brother's RX100 to Indiranagar Sony Service Center last year. This is a place I go to for any sony products I own (mobile, camera, and laptop). They have two centres next to each other.. They will do a good job but usually very costly. I paid 5k (approx) for VAIO laptop charger that also did not include the power cable :).

Authorised Service Centre

SONNET CARE

237-240 13TH CROSS CMH ROAD HAL 2ND STAGE INDIRA NAGAR BEHIND SHANTHI NAGAR BANGALORE-560038

Get Directions:To Here - From Here

(080)41125226 / 9591278400

Operating Hours: 10:00AM - 7:00PM (Weekly Off - Sunday)
http://www.sony.co.in/section/servicecentres/1014489

I lost my trust on sony service after the same camera given to Koramangala service office. I gave it there as there is was a black dot on image. They mentioned that the problem was a dust particle in lense and they claimed that they cleaned it. It was true, the black dot was not there in the image any more, but all sort of other problems, such as lens barrel stuck , etc started happening afterwards. That is why trying a different vendor this time.

I lost my trust on sony service after the same camera given to Koramangala service office. I gave it there as there is was a black dot on image. They mentioned that the problem was a dust particle in lense and they claimed that they cleaned it. It was true, the black dot was not there in the image any more, but all sort of other problems, such as lens barrel stuck , etc started happening afterwards. That is why trying a different vendor this time.
Ah you did not mention about the black dot earlier. What happens is these cameras with zoom lenses every time they open suck in air. So you have to keep the lens housing edges clean or keep the camera in a case, most of the time. Otherwise dust can get sucked in and land on the image sensor. This requires a dismantle and the sensor has to be cleaned. Its possible when they reassembled it something went wrong.

Zooms are useful but there is always this headache to deal with. Don't know if anyone can make a sealed unit that won't suck dust in.

Back