Graphic Cards Where to RMA a Zotac GTX 295?

shocker2cool

Disciple
Hello guys,

I own a Zotac GTX 295 and since the last 2 months , everytime i play CoD MW2, the video driver ( I believe, not sure) fails. The screen goes blank (sound is there) and there is a red light on the end of the card.

I believe that is happening due to high temps, as the card idles at 73 degrees and only a few moments of CoD MW2 takes it to 91 degrees.
Upon loading up fur mark, the card went to highs of 107 degrees on one of the cores and 105 on the other one and the drivers failed in within 45 mins.
The case is a NZXT tempest, so there should be enough airflow.
The PSU is CoolerMaster 1000 Watt Modular [don't remember the exact model] And fan is already at 100%.

I believe this means that i need to get the card replaced. Could you please tell me who i have to contact in Mumbai? I bought this card of the Lynx-India website, but i don't believe i have to contact them for the RMA, as there must be some local centre where i can go.

Also, i tried searching for this already so if you guys find anything that i didn't, don't flame. Just tell me.

Thanx
S2C

Do you have a dual PCB version ? If thats the case you might want to try using a blower on it and cleaning it. Red light means overheating its possible there is actually nothing wrong with the card except that its gotten clogged with dust due to the sandwich design.

@ Roboghost, thanx for the info, i'll contact them this weekend.

@zloyd, thats probably a good thing to try. Now i just need to find a blower.

EDIT: So i just tried cleaning it with a vaccum cleaner, and that may or not have fixed the problem, as temps have dropped by 3 degrees. I'll play sometime and see. Thanx and i'll report back with further action if necessary.

Ask at computer shops , just hold the fan and dont blast the air through the card just give it bursts of air , ive heard that you dont want the air blowing across the components at full pelt some blowers are really powerful so do it with a little care I am sure thats the issue. What temp does the card idle at ?

Thats horrible then, and it IS a clogged up heatsink. Mine will idle close to 70 before i give it the blower treatment and then it idles 56-58 (all 40% fan , thats what it idles at auto). Remove the card take it to a pc shop and use a blower on it will fix the problem. Also good chance your case has seen a LOT of dust so you might want to repeat this process with your PSU and cpu hs as well , basically its time to give your pc a good dusting.

Is it possible for me to do this at home? The nearest computer shop is at Lamington Road and i'll have to cross Haji-ali, which is always clogged with traffic. Add to that that i reach home at 5 and there is no chance of me having time to study for upcoming exams and HW and stuff like that.

So is it possible for me to do this at home [ The cleaning with a blower?].

BTW, you guys rock, thanx for all the help.

Back