Monitors Which 17/19 inch monitor to buy?

Vulc4n

Adept
Hi,

Which 17 or 19 inch LCD monitor should I get?

Budget - 10K max

The most important thing is it should be "easy on the eyes". The main reason I am getting a LCD monitor is coz I cant seem to be able to use my CRT monitor for more than 30 mins without my eyes burning badly.
Usage will be mostly gaming and movies.
Thanks in advance

Forget 17, for 19 inch either the Dell 198WFP or LG 194/196WT, make sure it has DVI. Should be around 9.5-9.9k for the LG or less. I would suggest you consider 20, both Dell and LG have decent models. I know the LG 206WT is 12.9k at Chroma.

^^ The LG20WT is not worth it IMHO. It is better to get the LG L22WTQ for 12.8k from either Reliance Digital or Croma. It has a 2 ms time and 5000:1 contrast ratio. And it is a good 3" over 19".

guys..his budget is 10k max and he's only interested in a 17" or 19" lcd!!

so don't go around suggesting a 20" or 22" ..

Forget 17, for 19 inch either the Dell 198WFP or LG 194/196WT, make sure it has DVI. Should be around 9.5-9.9k for the LG or less

+1 on that !

Or u could get a good samsung lcd too..max 10.5k !

Try getting a quote from Dell for the E198WFP.

One of the best 19inchers in the category. :)

I'd suggest you to ask a friend of urs who must've bought some Dell product [laptop/desktop/LCD] before to ring up the Dell reps and get a quote.

Call-Get a quote-bargain-cut the line-repeat. :p

As ur requirement is for movies and games i suggest u to get larger one like 22".If ur low on the budget, wait for sometime , gather money (mean time prices will also go down).Believe me the larger the display the better or great u feel (in gaming or watching movies).

If u still don't agree with me and only need 17/19" .Then go for the Dell Mentioned by Gannu

I disagree :p keep in mind that a 22" will require a much better graphics card for gaming @ 1600 res. something like 1440 an 88GT can handle. above that, ur looking at a mounting expenditure for playin games well :)

my 2 cents anyway :)

thetoxicmind said:
guys..his budget is 10k max and he's only interested in a 17" or 19" lcd!!

so don't go around suggesting a 20" or 22" ..
+1 on that !

Or u could get a good samsung lcd too..max 10.5k !

Exactly!!! 10k is stretching it but cant go beyond that... Still will check out the samsung. Their response times good enuf? Had heard their earlier models had blurring problems while gaming.

gannu said:
Try getting a quote from Dell for the E198WFP.

One of the best 19inchers in the category. :)

I'd suggest you to ask a friend of urs who must've bought some Dell product [laptop/desktop/LCD] before to ring up the Dell reps and get a quote.

Call-Get a quote-bargain-cut the line-repeat. :p

Yeah can try that... Have a bulk deal for laptops going with dell at our insti.. Maybe can try to bargain on this as well...

techfreak said:
As ur requirement is for movies and games i suggest u to get larger one like 22".If ur low on the budget, wait for sometime , gather money (mean time prices will also go down).Believe me the larger the display the better or great u feel (in gaming or watching movies).

If u still don't agree with me and only need 17/19" .Then go for the Dell Mentioned by Gannu

Unfortunately, i just cant seem to be able to use my old CRT anymore. So absolutely HAVE to change now.

techie_007 said:
I disagree :p keep in mind that a 22" will require a much better graphics card for gaming @ 1600 res. something like 1440 an 88GT can handle. above that, ur looking at a mounting expenditure for playin games well :)

my 2 cents anyway :)

I agree.. In fact was wondering whether my aging X1800 GTO would be able to handle a 19 incher but going beyond that would be foolish... Pity though... I was planning to keep the monitor when i change my rig...

Was wondering why nobody suggests a Viewsonic... Is there anything wrong with their monitors?

Thanks for all the replies...

If you search around u ll find that ppl have had terrible service experiences with viewsonic, esp on the forum, hence ppl now prefer to stay away ;)

^^Agreed .Stay away with VS.I prefer Dell or samsung anyday..As samsung is above ur budget .Order the Dell E198WFP which is Rocking Monitor for its price .

for 10K

Viewsonic VG1930WM is available for Rs.9000-/-
VX1932wm>> should not be over 10K.
VX1940w>>should not be over 10K.
there service is excellent in Mumbai. Just called the service guy for a bogus:bleh: issue to check their service, they came the very next day.

The Samsung ones are comparatively expensive and i don't recommend them no extra features and price is more Viewsonic ones <VG1930WM> have really nice color reproduction compared to 19 '' 920 NW compared it side by side:no: . Build quality is almost same, Viewsonic has a much better stand too. Samsung sells due to its name and better quality in other higher end TV pannels.
If you want the best ones are from Dell and in your budget its E198WFP Rs.9900-/- max.

Back