Monitors Which 19" WLCD - Samsung, LG or Viewsonic

cybertragic

Disciple
Am buying a new rig and have to decide on a widescreen 19" LCD for the monitor.

The dealer is giving me 3 options - Samsung, LG and Viewsonic. Samsung and LG are around the same price and Viewsonic is somewhat cheaper.

Firstly, is Viewsonic's performance inferior in any way to Samsung's or LG's?? Which one should I go for. Also any suggestions on the model no.?

Budget is the minimum possible as I have already overstretched myself a bit in other peripherals.

Hey even im lookin for a 19 inch...

GO to hot deals section n visit raghu/ cappuchhino 's post...
dell minitors at throw away rates!!!n 5yrs warranty..

If not,,

Den,,
have a look at d samsung n lg,, viewsonic i feel r really not so gud lookin..n in LCD's , atleast for me , the look factor counts....

viewsonic have integrated speakers n i feel dey spoil the fun of wide screen monitors...

When you buy the 19" LCD panel make sure you get the DVI cable as there were some posts in TE of Panels being supplied without this cable which costs around 600/- in the market.

Even I'm looking for a 19 inch LCD. Currently using an eight year old 15inch Samsung CRT which is still working flawlessly. So I'm kind of inclined to Samsung, but also considering Viewsonic.
Which one is better samsung or viewsonic ?

Viewsonic VX1932wm or LG L194WT depending on the price.. both should be arnd 10-10.5k i think..
Or Dell E198WFP if u can pick it up frm Raghu's GO...

In Samsung i think the only 19" wide is 940NW which doesn't have DVI IIRC.. plz correct me if i'm wrong...

lostinthought said:
which is a better monitor company...Viewsonic,LG or Samsung...when it comes to build quality and warranty??..:)

For warranty I think Samsung are one of the BEST. I have had excellent service from Samsung for my CRT and LCD displays. When the service centre gave a time their man was there on the dot every time and I always got a call from Samsung after the service was done asking how well their man did the job. I have no experience with the LG and Viewsonic service - but I have been told by the computer shops that these 2 are not that good with ther ASS.

samsung has excellent after sales. they replaced a friends LCD panel because of a single dead pixel . Viewsonic on the other hand will replace only if there are about 5. I've bought a 19 incher from them, but checked before buying, so np :)

Saw the dell 19" panel today... e198 or whatever. Its awesome for a TN... the least blurry TN i've seen so far and the colors were excellent.

Back