Storage Solutions Which 1TB external HDD to buy?

mojo

Adept
I need to buy a 1TB external HDD to backup all the data on my lappy,
Will buy it online, so it must be available at sources like ebay, flipkart etc. which are reliable.
My laptop is an old one and i'm looking to change it. Before that i need to backup all my data and then buy a new one.
Model toshiba satellite c series c660-p5012 i think. Not sure about the number p5012. It may be p5010 or p5012.
Please suggest me the best one.

I prefer Seagate. You can go for the 'Expansion' series instead of the BackUp Plus series and save a few bucks. The BackUp Plus has a built-in software for periodic automated back-up, which you can DIY. I've two of these, no issues. Mine are used only for back-up and are not kept connected 24/7.

Of all the online markets, SnapDeal is offering the better deals. All the best!

Thanks man. Can you suggest me some models?
Also can you tell me how to check whether my laptop is USB 3.0 capable or not.

I will increase my budget to max 1k-1.5k if i get a 2TB model. But there should be no looking back one bought.

Do these drives come with 2 years warranty or 3 years. I had to buy a HDD urgently so bought a Sony 1TB for 5100 locally. That one comes with 3 years warranty.

Edit - This one posted above comes with 3 years warranty. Anyone knows if the other ones posted earlier comes with the same.

I've visited the same link you posted. It was written as sold out and price is 4500 INR. Will check that again.[DOUBLEPOST=1377858957][/DOUBLEPOST]Its "46XX" INR. Don't remember the last two digits. Snapdeal is blocked in my office. So verified the link in mobile and for that reason i'm unable to remember the last two digits.[DOUBLEPOST=1377859008][/DOUBLEPOST]Am i supposed to apply any coupons to get it at the price you mentioned?

Last edited:
I've visited the same link you posted. It was written as sold out and price is 4500 INR. Will check that again.[DOUBLEPOST=1377858957][/DOUBLEPOST]Its "46XX" INR. Don't remember the last two digits. Snapdeal is blocked in my office. So verified the link in mobile and for that reason i'm unable to remember the last two digits.[DOUBLEPOST=1377859008][/DOUBLEPOST]Am i supposed to apply any coupons to get it at the price you mentioned?

You must have got late. Earlier it was showing 4995 with 950 as cashback.

Back