Storage Solutions Which 1TB HDD to buy ?

TonyBosco

Disciple
Hi :)

I want to buy ONE TB harddisk.

which one is good

Right now in sp road "WESTERN DIGITAL AAKS BLACK" is available.

Is that good one.

:):)
tony

WD is good. Maxtor Basics is also OK if you are looking for a cheap deal. Don't go for seagate however. Read MANY bad reviews about it. But if you still want, it's available for Rs.4499 - shipped at ebay (after applying 10% discount coupon). Maxtor basics is something Rs.5199- shipped (after coupon)

I'm also in the market for 1TB x 2 HDDs and was actually looking for a WD Black. Since i live in Bang, i called up a few shops in SP road and they quoted a price of Rs. 6800 for each :mad:
Contacted Amarbir/Mediahome here on TE, and they're offering it to me for Rs. 6350+ shipping (mind you this was a month ago). So it might be cheaper now :hap2:

I recently bought the WD Caviar Green. I already have a Seagate 160GB HDD so I was gonna go for another Seagate but apparently their quality is a thing of the past; judging from all the posts I read about Seagates dying and having to be RMAed and all. So yeah, go WD.

Caviar Green will be cheaper (got mine for 5K at SMC) but it's also supposed to be slower.

zenflox said:
I'm also in the market for 1TB x 2 HDDs and was actually looking for a WD Black. Since i live in Bang, i called up a few shops in SP road and they quoted a price of Rs. 6800 for each :mad:
Contacted Amarbir/Mediahome here on TE, and they're offering it to me for Rs. 6350+ shipping (mind you this was a month ago). So it might be cheaper now :hap2:
i recently got quote for the same for 6400/- from amarbir.
I looked for newegg from KMD.
he too gave me final quote of 6500/-+shipping.
so waste of importing.
but u can expect price drop in august.

hunt3r said:
Pick up a Seagate 7200.12 TB, best combo of performance and value right now. Available for 4.3-4.4k+tax at most places
7200.12 problems are increasing day by day.
many people are complaining about the issues in seagate forums and all over.
But seagate hasn't anounced any thing regarding it officially.
may be the afraid that sales may drop if agreed so.so acting as dumb.
I doubt it's another 7200.11 in issues scenario.

WD Black is best thing to for but yet too costly.

Lol Seagate = touhwood! :p

As for the OP's query if it's going to be used for mass storage, get the WD 1TB 10EADS which retails for ~4.4k. If it's intended for an OS + dump drive, get the 1TB 1001 FALS. No clue about the ongoing pricing but should be north of 5k!

Got 1 TB SATA WD 32MB Caviar Green WD10EADS (5 yrs warranty)

4790 + 90 (Shipping) = 4880

Had deal with something else also & made 5000 Rs, so got Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth Headset free from Ebay :p

Back