Monitors Which 23-24 inch ips monitor?

chiron

Skilled
I guess the U2311 is the popular choice but are there any viable alternatives under 15k?

Or are there any bigger monitors(26/27") with TN panels close to the same budget?

To be used for movies/browsing by parents, possibly doubling as a TV(4x5m room) if I end up getting a tuner card so bigger screen might actually beat out color reproduction/viewing angles.

I own a U2311H and its very good, especially compared to the TN panels I use at my college/notebook, so I can say IPS >> TN . Got it for 14.8k from SMC

If you are considering 27", you can extend your budget by selling those sad monitors and get a 32" LCD. And yeah, convey my regards to your folks :)

sajitsm said:
If you are considering 27", you can extend your budget by selling those sad monitors and get a 32" LCD. And yeah, convey my regards to your folks :)
Unfortunately, a 32 inch LCD is has a resolution of 1920×1080 or below.

A decent 27 inch monitor will have a resolution of 2560x1440.

whatsinaname said:
Unfortunately, a 32 inch LCD is has a resolution of 1920×1080 or below.

A decent 27 inch monitor will have a resolution of 2560x1440.
Its for the parents..... Why would they need such high resolution... :S

A HDTV for web browsing or any sort of computer work is not really a good idea unless your parents are going to sit a very comfortable distance (the typical distance we maintain for a TV usually) away from the display. If you want a display that doubles up as Monitor and TV, then get something like the Benq M2700HD for 24k.

Back