Which 42" LED is best among these.

With so many models floating around i am confused as ever. Please tell me what to do. I want to use PS3, HD media player and TATA sky HD

Smart TV is not required but bcoz i prefer 100hz, there are few options. Also i dont know what panels Samsung uses in its 5 series LED.

Below are my options, plz help me pick the best from the lot..

LG 42LV550 (120hz smart tv, IPS panel) (Cnet review says its not the best screen in terms of blacks)

LED 42LV3500 (60hz IPS panel)

Samsung UA40D5900VR (clear motion 100, panel ?)

Samsung UA40D5500RR (clear motion 100, panel ?)

Samsung UA40D5000PRMXL (clear motion 100, panel?)

I dont know how much difference will 120hz make but i have heard great things about LG 42LV3500. Not sure of its black levels though. On the other hand Samsung's both 5900 and 5500 models seem to produce better blacks. But that glossy screen is a let down.

Please give me some advise.

With so many models floating around i am confused as ever. Please tell me what to do. I want to use PS3, HD media player and TATA sky HD

Smart TV is not required but bcoz i prefer 100hz, there are few options. Also i dont know what panels Samsung uses in its 5 series LED.

Below are my options, plz help me pick the best from the lot..

LG 42LV550 (120hz smart tv, IPS panel) (Cnet review says its not the best screen in terms of blacks)

LED 42LV3500 (60hz IPS panel)

Samsung UA40D5900VR (clear motion 100, panel ?)

Samsung UA40D5500RR (clear motion 100, panel ?)

Samsung UA40D5000PRMXL (clear motion 100, panel?)

I dont know how much difference will 120hz make but i have heard great things about LG 42LV3500. Not sure of its black levels though. On the other hand Samsung's both 5900 and 5500 models seem to produce better blacks. But that glossy screen is a let down.

Please give me some advise.

As far as I know, LG panels are inferior to Samsungs'.

Samsung 5 series LED have panel lottery.

But even on a worst case scenario you would still end up with a panel better than LG.

Samsung has one year warranty plan with no prospects of an AMC thereafter. This is not the case with LG, it's only redeeming factor.

Blacks on Samsung are better an LG.

I would take 5900 first and 5500 second. Skip 5000 and LG altogether .

You could insist while buying that you would return the LED if you did not get the panel you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ ^ Any idea what panel is the Samsung 5900?

And how will i know what panel it is??? Is it a gamble? bcoz LG has IPS panels for sure where as i am not sure of what Samsung makes.

Samsung Panels are IPS only. The HQ series panels are of higher quality. The LG promotion of IPS panels is all crap.

5900 does have a panel lottery. HQ02 or HQ12 are the panels you should be looking for.

Same here...after going through all this panel lottery system and even trying to get some source to get the best panel, i always ended up with the inferior panel in samsung..that's why finally i opted for panasonic

VIERA TH-P42ST30D

[font=arial, sans-serif] (although 3d not being my primary objective) and man must admit, just superb.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]@OP in all the above mentioned model i would also recommend you to go for 5900. [/font]

Samsung Panels are IPS only. The HQ series panels are of higher quality. The LG promotion of IPS panels is all crap.

5900 does have a panel lottery. HQ02 or HQ12 are the panels you should be looking for.

I think its SQ0X we should look for ,and samsung panels are VA panels (SPVA,AMVA different tech)

Same here...after going through all this panel lottery system and even trying to get some source to get the best panel, i always ended up with the inferior panel in samsung..that's why finally i opted for panasonic

VIERA TH-P42ST30D

[font=arial, sans-serif](although 3d not being my primary objective) and man must admit, just superb.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]@OP in all the above mentioned model i would also recommend you to go for 5900. [/font]

**PINCH**

even i ended up buying ST30 after long hunt, loving the plasma*

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* with some caution[/font]

VIERA TH-P42ST30D

[font=arial, sans-serif](although 3d not being my primary objective) and man must admit, just superb.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]@OP in all the above mentioned model i would also recommend you to go for 5900. [/font]

How much did u pay for the Plasma? and is this a 3D model? Is it worth getting one?

What about the VT series?

How much did u pay for the Plasma? and is this a 3D model? Is it worth getting one?

What about the VT series?

3d 42 inches all the love in only 50k

there are many things that money can buy
<

Back