which 4g hotspot to buy ? can the latest jio hotspot be unlocked ?

airtel,jio or those chinenses huewei knockoff's ? need one as a backup internet for office. Also airtel only seems to be selling their 4g hotspot through amazon and flipkart so if it dies i wont know where to get it replaced from whereas jio there are bunch of mini stores nearby. If the latest jio hotspot model can be unlocked like the older ones i prefer it. That way i can run a vi or airtel sim in it

Do you have spare old 4G phone? Personally I would just use an old 4G phone to make a hotspot and use it.

Is there any benefit of these hotspot devices over the feature that just comes with the phone?

+1 for using a spare 4g phone as a backup for mobile data. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to unlock a hotspot device without having issues like bricking the device.
Your best bet would be to check which operator gives you best speed/coverage and then get a card.
Another advantage id that should the performance degrade, you can always port out to another operator. That won't be possible with a locked hotspot.

Do you have spare old 4G phone? Personally I would just use an old 4G phone to make a hotspot and use it.

Is there any benefit of these hotspot devices over the feature that just comes with the phone?
sadly no spare 4g phone,also 6-7 people would be using it as backup internet so phone is sort of no go most probably will talk to airtel or jio for some offer. the jio jmr351 can be unlocked afaik.

I saw some hotspots selling in FS section a while back not sure if they're sold or not. You could try searching.

Also using a single hotspot by 5+ people do you think there's enough bandwidth for all? Given how miserable 4G speeds are in India it's not even providing 3G speeds I doubt it'll be a good experience.
I mean it's OK for emergencies I guess.

I saw some hotspots selling in FS section a while back not sure if they're sold or not. You could try searching.

Also using a single hotspot by 5+ people do you think there's enough bandwidth for all? Given how miserable 4G speeds are in India it's not even providing 3G speeds I doubt it'll be a good experience.
I mean it's OK for emergencies I guess.
for checking mails and stuff for 15 minutes this is okay. There is a cell tower nearby with both jio and airtel atennas on it so not much of a issue. Jio i used to get atleast when i had jio 10 mbps on 4g.

You can checkout routers with SIM slot. They do have 4G slot and can create Wifi hotspot as well. Some models from TP-Link are highly reviewed on Amazon.

airtel,jio or those chinenses huewei knockoff's ? need one as a backup internet for office. Also airtel only seems to be selling their 4g hotspot through amazon and flipkart so if it dies i wont know where to get it replaced from whereas jio there are bunch of mini stores nearby. If the latest jio hotspot model can be unlocked like the older ones i prefer it. That way i can run a vi or airtel sim in it
get jio for only surfing purpose.. thats what they are good for.
the moment you want to upload/download something heavy. speed drops or it simply stopped working..

get jio for only surfing purpose.. thats what they are good for.
the moment you want to upload/download something heavy. speed drops or it simply stopped working..
i got huewai one,my uncle had one lying around unused. works good with airtel,vi,bsnl not so great with jio. Jio is garbage anyways

Back