Which Activity/Fitness Tracker

shrek

Disciple
I'm looking to buy a activity/fitness tracker which tracks the steps / calories / sleep tracking etc and should have a smart alarm. I'm not looking for one with a heart-rate sensor.

I've shortlisted the Jawbone up2, garmin vivofit2, fitbit.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Cheers

Fitbit has good presence and support now in India.
I use Fitbit 'one' and happy with it. Newer models are even better.

I've got the Microsoft band (First gen) which granted, is insanely overpriced in here (if even officially available at all) and it has been perfect for me. It is a sleek-ish form factor with a really good sensor list and you can get (and to a degree respond to) notifications. Not too bad for $80 IMO.

Last edited:
I have a fitness tracker with me here and it is not any known brand. I got it from amazon and it is pretty cheap, less than $30 or so. It has a touch screen sort of (buggy at times) which supports one way swipe and each swipe cycles between..

Time -> Steps -> Calories Burned -> Distance -> Time......

I really don't use the stats for any purpose as such and the steps counting can many a times be buggy as say in gym, I walk / brisk walk on tread mill with my hand on the treadmill where it senses the heart rate so my steps are not really counted in such cases. So i don't bother with checking steps.

But one thing I really like about this tracker is that it has this silent alarm. I actually tried it today for the first time and I set alarm for 6, 6:05, 6:10 and at those times, the bracelet would vibrate for like 30 seconds. I easily got up using this. I am going to give it a try for few days. This is also important to me since unlike my phone audible alarm, I won't wake up my kid using this. I am still seeing if this works for me and yes this means you have to wear the bracelet / tracker at night too.

I have shortlisted the Garmin Vivofit HR and the Fitbit Charge HR. Both retail for the same price on Amazon.in (Rs. 12,990). Any recommendations on which one is better?

Cheers

Back