Which bullet blender to buy?

raksrules

Elite
Wife wants to buy a bullet blender. I know in US Nutri bullet is very famous and it is costly in India. Don't want to spend so much. Need something in reasonable price and decent power for the work it is in intended for. Don't want to go overboard and buy something which is bigger in size. Want something which doesn't occupy lot of kitchen platform real estate.

how different is this from a mixer ? juicer ? kinda noob in this department :p
I'm no expert either in this department, but the above summarizes it well. Also, AFAIK, juicers are a bit different from mixers/blenders. There you now have things like cold press juicers which are the latest trend.
Wife has currently shortlisted this only as a recommendation from her sister. I guess in this one has to press on top for the motor to start, right?
That's right.

Using this for 2 years. Very satisfied. Made an awesome strawberry smoothie using it just today morning.
There's a hack to turn that into a vacuum blender. Only trouble is finding the valve he uses

Blended juices don't store well as the apple juice demonstration shows.

Wonder if that can improve if you were to transfer it to a container after and then pump the air out.

If so then you can make a valve with just electrical insulation tape as he demonstrates in this video

Last edited:
Clones like Taiwanese JTC

Even cheaper knockoff https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0977C69CB/

Spares is an open question. Durability. How good are the blades ? Looks like a vitamix but what else...

Jugs aren't Tritan so no BPA free if that matters.

These companies advertise high RPM's but the torque isn't there. Motors are weaker. The weight of the unit is a good indication.

So the vitamix will get the job done much faster than these ones.

There is an Indian rebrand called Hestia

Same issue. Chinese OEM. Puts out a fixed number of appliances for a couple of years than disappears. Hestia will then present a 'new and improved' variant and forget they even sold the last one.

Unless spares are available like carafes that you can buy at purchase time i don't think its worth it because seals are going to go in a year or two.

Last edited:
Wife wants to buy a bullet blender. I know in US Nutri bullet is very famous and it is costly in India. Don't want to spend so much. Need something in reasonable price and decent power for the work it is in intended for. Don't want to go overboard and buy something which is bigger in size. Want something which doesn't occupy lot of kitchen platform real estate.
What is your use case exactly?

Wife has currently shortlisted this only as a recommendation from her sister. I guess in this one has to press on top for the motor to start, right?
Yeah, you have to press it down and twist for it to lock into place the motor will start. Untwist to stop the motor.
Using this for 2 years. Very satisfied. Made an awesome strawberry smoothie using it just today morning.

Just want to share my anecdotal experience here. I've bought two of these. One for my parents and one for myself. Both 3+ years. Parents one was used just for smoothies. I however used mine for grinding spices etc too. The motor really can't sustain for extended periods of time. 1-2 mins of running at a time max. It gets pretty hot after 1 min of sustained use. Even their manual recommends leaving it to cooldown for 5 mins in b/w if needed and not let it run continuously.

I found my self constantly having to wait in b/w blending/grinding things which got annoying.

Another thing is the quality of the blending jars they give is pretty subpar. I've had the latches of one of the jars break and when I contacted to see if a replacement could be bought they outright said no buy a fresh set... which was like half the cost of a new blender + jar set lol. If you look at aftermarket solutions they are available at around 500-600ish/jar.

Would I recommend it? Yes and no. As long as you're going for chutneys/smoothies/blends? Things that aren't going to really tax it for more than a minute maximum? Sure, it's pretty good.

For spice grinding? Depends. I would not personally recommend it if this is what you're primarily getting it for. I could not stand waiting for the motor to cooldown after every 1 min of continuous use and stopped using it for that altogether but your mileage may vary.

FWIW; they're still going strong. Just keep the cost of replacement jars in mind too in case it breaks down or something.

Agree with ^ on the heat part. It does tend to id you are doing intensive and extensive grinding. I don't do a whole lot of that. Jars seem decent enough to me, perhaps 'subpar' may not be the word I would use, considering the price point.

I guess the only reason to buy something like this over a regular Mixer/Grinder is because of the smaller footprint it has. A regular one can do everything that this one can and comes with Stainless steel jars as an option and powerful motors.

Back