Which Cabinet and CPU Cooler and CM LED Fan 120 mm required for this gaming rig?

clerkman1612

Disciple
Here is my Configuration of My PC :-
Proccessor :- Phenom II * 4 945 3.0 GHZ
Motherboard :- MSI 880GMA - E45
Hard Disk :- Seagate 1 TB 7200 R.P.M
RAM :- Corsair 2 * 2 GB 1333 MHZ RAM
Graphics Card :- MSI HD 5770 1 GB Hawk
Monitor :- Samsung B2030 (it is 20 ") Monitor
DVD-Wr :- LG DVD-W 22X
Keyboard + Mouse (Both Normal)
PSU :- Corsair VX 550
UPS :- APC 650 VA

Plz suggest me an inexpensive Cabinet Does CM Elite 310 fine for this PC?
Does My this PC needs any type of CPU Coolers? And Plz also let me know that should I buy a CM LED Fan 120 mm for this PC.?

How much did you pay for the MSI mobo?
depends on your budget if u are palanning to oc.if posible go for gamma or Elite 430@2.5k approx.CM LED Blue 120 mm 90 cfm fans cost around Rs 600.The stock cooler will see you go to 3.4 Ghz smoothly()

Go for the NZXT Gamma ( 2.1K ~ Prime ABGB ) + for fan look at the Cooler Master Blade Master ~ .6K ( Bangalore ) or the much more VFM Cooler Master SickleFlow ~ .5K ( Bangalore ), here are reviews and pages for all the products :)

NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club ~ Gamma review
NZXT Gamma » Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews ~ Gamma Review

SickleFlow 120 2000 RPM Blue LED - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply ~ Cooler Master SickleFlow 2000 RM fan specsheet

Blade Master 120 - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply ~ Cooler Master Blade Master specsheet

The NZXT Gamma is better than the Elite 430 as it has better arirflow, cleaner design, dust filters for all intakes :), hope this helps

CM Elite will do just fine... the only thing that you need to consider while buying a simple cabby is "Will your GFX card fit in or not??" 5770 isn't a problem in Elite 310... Though Gamma is obviously a better Cabby... but also costlier by about 600~700 bucks...

you'll need a aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock.. For people who don't, the stock heat sink does just fine...

Elite 310 comes with a rear 120 mm 60 CFM fan factory fitted, and has 3 slots, 2 for 120 mm fans and 1 for 90 mm/80 mm (it's smaller, I am not sure about the size) fan... 90 cfm fans can get really noisy as when not installed with a fan controller to control fan speed, I usually suggest people to buy the 60 cfm ones (i find them to have the best noise/cooling ratio)...

Also while installing the fans, insert rubber paddings between the Fan & Cabinet... Reduces the noise caused by vibration, especially in case of the side panel fan...

ps: Also you will do just fine with the VX 450 for the PSU... VX 550 will give you more overhead for future upgrades, but if this is a long term investment kinda rig, VX 450 will do just fine...

you actually don need any cooler . if ur interested and want ur cabinet to look all cool and put led fans i would say go for the coolermaster blue/red led 140 mm fan. looks mad wit a cooler master elite 360:) and u can always use the sock fan on any of the vents on the cabinet. according to me u don require any fan as o now. may be if ur plannin 2 overclock ull need it:) cheers

rahul.p.kamath said:
you actually don need any cooler . if ur interested and want ur cabinet to look all cool and put led fans i would say go for the coolermaster blue/red led 140 mm fan. looks mad wit a cooler master elite 360:) and u can always use the sock fan on any of the vents on the cabinet. according to me u don require any fan as o now. may be if ur plannin 2 overclock ull need it:) cheers
Dude if the guy wants to buy a cabinet in the 2.5K the Elite series sucks and if he buys a cabinet he needs fans to circulate air otherwise his system will keep heating up,

The SickleFlow series of fans by Cooler Master is a great VFM series for .5K price tag :)

Its always better to get a CPU cooler which after all keep ur system temp down and lead towards high performance(By spending around 2K)..Depending on the budget CM and NZXT provides lot of options to go with... In the range of 3k NZXT is good(lot of reviews says) but at the higher price range(>5k) CM offers more prominent cabby..

ALPHA17 said:
Go for the NZXT Gamma ( 2.1K ~ Prime ABGB ) + for fan look at the Cooler Master Blade Master ~ .6K ( Bangalore ) or the much more VFM Cooler Master SickleFlow ~ .5K ( Bangalore ), here are reviews and pages for all the products :)

NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club ~ Gamma review
NZXT Gamma » Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews ~ Gamma Review

SickleFlow 120 2000 RPM Blue LED - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply ~ Cooler Master SickleFlow 2000 RM fan specsheet

Blade Master 120 - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply ~ Cooler Master Blade Master specsheet

The NZXT Gamma is better than the Elite 430 as it has better arirflow, cleaner design, dust filters for all intakes :), hope this helps

+100 to that man.. beauty of a case. u need fans first. cpu cooler is also needed if u game quite a large amount of time in a day!

Buy nzxt gamma. it has good space, airflow and build quality that's y everybody is recommending this cabby... Plus u can fit a 10.5 inch card... So in the future if u wanna upgrade ur graphic card u wud b able to do that without any issue... Coz these days ati/nvidia are using longer pcbs for their high end cards, so buying a cabby with good space inside wud b a bit futureproof...

I highly recommend the Coolermaster USP 100 @ Rs.3000. It comes with 0.8MM steel construction which is much, much better than any of the cases mentioned above including the NZXT Gamma as well as the ability to fit 11.5 inch graphics cards. It provides 4 fan mountings for 120mm fans and comes pre-fitted with two 120mm fans(red or blue led fan-as per your choice) and a non-led 120mm fan. It has a tool free drive assembly systems and a mesh design for excellent ventilation. All this for Rs.3000 makes it an excellent bargain.

Back