Which course should i opt for ?

NDragger

Disciple
I recently appeared for Bsc.IT Sem VI exams and on vacations now
<

i'm interested in doing some certification courses but not sure which one is best.

my interest lies in all JAVA to C# to .Net to Oracle.

please help choose which certification course is best for the time being (demanded in market).

any institution recommendation will be highly appreciated i reside in Mumbai.

OR is there any other better plans or courses ?

thank you
<

first decide if you want to opt for higher studies or get a job after B.Sc. i would suggest going for higher studies...and DONT enroll for any third party course just now...there are TOOOOOOONS of website catering to every programming language available. study them, code them, ask questions on dedicated forum and then decide which technology you want to pursuit in future

Thanks for replying guys :)
Yes i would be going for Higher Studies but for time being instead of wasting time i thought i could complete some certification courses.
Actually i'm not good at any particular language :(
I find it difficult to learn Online.
Everyone is saying .Net has more demand than JAVA in Market so should i go for .Net OR i should learn both ?
Thanks

If you are planning to do your Masters why bother about these certifications now. You should anyway be learning some of those if you are doing your Masters in IT, that should be more that enough. Once you have your programming basics in place, it is easy to learn any language and ontop of that companies which comes for campus placement won't even bother about these certifications.

ontop of that companies which comes for campus placement won't even bother about these certifications.
^+1
If you're joining a large services company, the company decides what your technical skillset will be: SAP, Java, .NET, Oracle, Siebel, etc. So your certification doesn't come into the picture for them.

These certifications won't matter even in the scenario that you have experience, but no technical depth. Once inside a company, doing a certification can help you in getting an edge in a neck-to-neck performance ranking, but otherwise not very useful.

Look into building your programming knowledge than pursuing a certification that might not matter much.

OTOH, from what I've seen, certifications have weight in the Networking field. But I think you're looking at the Software Development field.

Look into building your programming knowledge than pursuing a certification that might not matter much.

My basics are not clear and one can build his programming skills by attending some classes as i find it difficult to learn online.

My basics are not clear and one can build his programming skills by attending some classes as i find it difficult to learn online.

If you can find enough self motivation, I'd suggest getting a few good books and practicing examples etc. by yourself. It was the way I initially learnt, although studying at college exposed me to topics that I wouldn't have pursued myself.

If self motivation is going to be hard, then go ahead and join classroom trainings. Try to talk to people who've already done the course to find how good faculty is. If you're able to land an internship at any company, that would be very useful.

What I'm saying is that training institute would also be fine if you gain some technical depth out of it. Just don't keep your focus on certification at this point in time, but on gaining useful technical depth. Only later, when you are employed, you should decide on pursuing a certification.

If you can find enough self motivation, I'd suggest getting a few good books and practicing examples etc. by yourself. It was the way I initially learnt, although studying at college exposed me to topics that I wouldn't have pursued myself.

If self motivation is going to be hard, then go ahead and join classroom trainings. Try to talk to people who've already done the course to find how good faculty is. If you're able to land an internship at any company, that would be very useful.

What I'm saying is that training institute would also be fine if you gain some technical depth out of it. Just don't keep your focus on certification at this point in time, but on gaining useful technical depth. Only later, when you are employed, you should decide on pursuing a certification.

Now you got my point thanks for your valuable comment :)
First i'll try to learn myself OR else i'll join some classes ( classes provide 100% placement guarantee )

Back