Budget 90k+ Which Desktop computer for Video/Photo Edit and occasional gaming ?

Survivor_X

Recruit
Hello everyone,
Its my 1st thread here. I have been looking for a desktop computer mainly for editing videos (HD) and photos in softwares like after effects, premier pro for videos and Photoshop/Lightroom for photos with several plugins. I also do light 3D work too and though i am not much into action/racing gaming in pc (as i already have ps4) though i may play some strategy games there.
I do photo/editing for licensing them through stock sites like gettyimages
I am not into building a pc myself as i belong to a small town and no reliable techie person here, neither i know anything regarding assembling one myself, though recently i have been thinking of getting an already assembled pc from some well known dealer/online site so that i dont get into any hassle but not sure if assembled pc are much reliable than factory made branded comp.
so i mainly need a computer/desktop with at least i7/xenon, 16 gb ram, good fast graphic card, and HD (1920x1080 or more) monitor which in my knowledge required for a smooth video editing workflow.
My Budget may vary from 1,20,000 to probably 1,40,000 INR
i want- a branded desktop and i have shortlisted like-
(1) an HP Workstation
(2) new iMac with 5k resolution monitor but just with i5, and not sure if imac's i5 can handle my work and its worth to spend 1,79,000 INR for this and i also afraid about after sale service repairs if required for imac as i know its quite PITA and no upgrade options, more over i dont know apple services in india is available in every parts of india or not but i really wanted to try imac for the 1st time
(3) I have been looking for Asus tytan ROG series desktop but earlier it was not available in india as i could found out but today i saw it in site theitdepot and interested in it but i have never bought anything from this site, more over when i talked to a person there, they said they use some "few mini" speed post service and if its typical indian speed post service then worrisome as i am sure they cant handle a 15kg machine from Chennai to my state chhattisgarh which is miles away from chennai.

I dont want anything from dell as i have suffered very badly from dell india people
I dont know if template of questionare is useful in my case or not, still-

1. What is your budget?
    • 1,20,000 to 1,40,000 INR
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model- NA
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I7
    • RAM 16 GB atleast
    • Good GPU
    • HD or higher monitor
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I would like the upgrade options in future or at least parts are replaceable and not glued like a laptop
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video editing
    • Photo editing
    • occasional gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefer HP, Apple, Asus
    • DONT WANT- Dell
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • don't mind factory overclocked
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • or should i wait for windows 10 ?

Regarding theitdepot, I bought a processor from them it was shipped using DTDC, found them to be ok, I built something similar to what you are looking for i.e.
E3 1246 v3
GA-H97M-D3H
32 GB GSKILL 1600
Antec 650 TruePower Classic

Will update the prices from home

My Budget may vary from 1,20,000 to probably 1,40,000 INR
Go with Assembled Rig rather any company Rig with a budget like that sure you will get a badass PC.

Processor Intel Xeon E3-1246 V3 21,000
CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO 1,800
Motherboard
MSI H97 PC Mate 6,500
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2x8GB 8,000
Graphics Card
Asus GTX 970 4GB Strix 28,500
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 8,000
Power Supply
Seasonic S12II 620 W 5,600
Cabinet
Corsair SPEC 01 3,800
Internal Storage
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 4,000
Optical Drive
Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD/RW 1,000
Monitor
Dell S2240L LED IPS 8,000
Keyboard
Cooler Master Devastator KB and Mouse Combo 2,600
Mouse
None 0

Total- 98,800.

Last edited by a moderator:
@bssunil I am not sure that would be the best monitor for photo editing. I think he would require a monitor with high color accuracy, something that supports the Adobe gamut I think?

@Survivor_X I know you have said you don't want anything from Dell, but please consider their monitors, they are very good. I personally use a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M,for gaming/coding, a 16:10 monitor and its really great for everything.

If not then take a look at the high end LG monitors.

Back