which dslr to get from US

tech1978

Disciple
My brother is giving :) me dslr and bringing it from US.
I have shortlisted canon rebel t2i.
Since he is coming in 2-3 :( days he is gonna buy it from store. He is getting above one i n $909 (849+tax) from bestbuy/terget/BH video.
Can some one tell me what is the difference between EOD550D and rebel t2i. As per search I have done both are same with later is more latest.
Is this price worth for getting it ?
Any other suggestions are welcome but there is no scope for online purchase.

909$ isn't really a good price. Not atleast worth losing the warranty IMO. You can get the same for ~42-43k locally with official 2years Canon India warranty which you won't get on a US purchase .

any other choices?

I am looking for D3100 but in store I think they are selling with lenses which is again costing $899.

also NEX5 is not available in store (bestbuy/target/bhphotovideo)

get any brand you want provided you get warranty in INDIA, else no point because there is nothing that you cannot get here, price may differ a bit but atleast you get warranty when you investing that much amount.

if you are rich & do not care about money and or warranty, then please ignore above statement.

peace

tech1978 said:
any other choices?
I am looking for D3100 but in store I think they are selling with lenses which is again costing $899.
also NEX5 is not available in store (bestbuy/target/bhphotovideo)
NEX5 is available for 32k in grey market,NEX3 for 27k. You can also have a look at Sony A33 and A55 ,A580 which is available in Sonystyle showrooms

^ err I think the A33 and A55 haven't released yet. Correct me if wrong , cause I had last checked almost a 10-12 days back and they were not available anywhere.

Get the 550D itself.. D3100 is a great cam.. but lack of AF is something u need ponder over. I would say get the 550D and guess the lens are cost"lier" for nikons ones(read somewhere not sure).

But your price is too much. is there any combo lens with it?

adder said:
NEX5 is available for 32k in grey market,NEX3 for 27k. You can also have a look at Sony A33 and A55 ,A580 which is available in Sonystyle showrooms
you are taking about indian market right ? I will look for Sony models

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

malhotraraul said:
get any brand you want provided you get warranty in INDIA, else no point because there is nothing that you cannot get here, price may differ a bit but atleast you get warranty when you investing that much amount.

if you are rich & do not care about money and or warranty, then please ignore above statement.

peace
I am not rich, he giving me so I have to choose carefully.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m-jeri said:
Get the 550D itself.. D3100 is a great cam.. but lack of AF is something u need ponder over. I would say get the 550D and guess the lens are cost"lier" for nikons ones(read somewhere not sure).

But your price is too much. is there any combo lens with it?
no, its just body+kit lens

mk76 said:
Check these deals on T2i. T2i + stock 18-55mm + 55-250mm = 929 USD..

Newegg deal

Bhphotovideo

seems bhphotovideo deal has expired.
Newegg deal I don't think he will get before Tuesday.

thanks for for bhphotovideo bringing to my notice, some how missed it. I will ask him to go to store and recheck (It's out of his budget but let's see what can be done)

adder said:
I checked about sony models, either they are not in stock or arrival in October or later.

Back