Storage Solutions Which hdd to buy ?

tanve3r

Disciple
i have both sata and ide slots in my board .
i need to buy 320 gb hard disk.Tell me which is better ide or sata
which is speeder and more reliable .
plz any one suggest the one which is suitable for mine my config is 2.8gh 1 gb ram .iam frm bangalore plz suggest me and tell the cost and shop .
guys need ur help.

Hey Friend......

Firstly let me know are you from nontechnical background? :huh:

No.. your question defines so... :no:

SATA interface is more faster than PATA i.e IDE.

Even slowly all M/B manufactures are reducing numbers of IDE ports from motherboard.

Now its time for E-SATA & you are comparing these two? :mad:

actually i knew it but still asked thanks for ur reply can u tell me which is the better hdd in sata whts the price..

The question should not be abt whether Ide or SATA, but rather Abt the specific Hdd model numbers..cause SATA is the obvious choice..

try to get 7200.11 range from seagate.

man they are awesome
320 gb on a single platter
115 mBps sustained rates
perpendicular recording technology

i havent seen them anywhere in delhi.
maybe u will not be so unlucky

vicente said:
3 - 3.3k for 320Gb. Just bought a 250gb 7200.10 for Rs. 2350 from Poonam since the 320 was around 3.5k. Where in pune do you get your stuff from?

Errr....can u post the model. no. of the 250gb u accquired , single platter for 2350 ?

get in the 320 gb single platter WD OR THE SEAGATE both are good drives , both provide 5 years warranty .

PS : GUYS dont claim only seagate giving 5 years warranty , that wrong. WD gives in door to door service which atleast in the big cities is a BIG ++ as they are quick there :D .

I dnt know abt WD service,but most of their products have bad life.But CS is top notch.

200mph said:
get in the 320 gb single platter WD OR THE SEAGATE both are good drives , both provide 5 years warranty .

PS : GUYS dont claim only seagate giving 5 years warranty , that wrong. WD gives in door to door service which atleast in the big cities is a BIG ++ as they are quick there :D .

hanzy said:
Errr....can u post the model. no. of the 250gb u accquired , single platter for 2350 ?

Its not single platter 7200.10 like i mentioned in my earlier post.
Its SATA.
Dont know the model number; I'll post once i get home.

Back