Which hotspot device to buy?

raksrules

Elite
Need to buy a hotspot device. I would love a 5G one but I think that is not even available so will have to do with 4G. I am also contemplating 5G phone but I know those would cost upwards of 10K. I can use my iPhone 13 for hotspot but for extended hours, it will kill the battery and I don't want that.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I have a spare iPhone SE 1st gen which is only LTE enabled and I was planning to use that (battery is anyways at 70% health) but I am worried (need to check) that JIO and airtel sim cards won't work in them in Mumbai region. I have experienced this with my US bought verizon iPhone 6S on which only vodafone 4G worked and this too is from US (i think boost mobile). I will be checking with my brother's JIO sim (mine is eSIM) and see if it works then my requirement would get fulfilled.

The trouble with Indian telecom bands is they are quite unique and for this purpose, a midrange phone with a massive battery is likely the best option.

Second hand if you can get one. Am thinking of the Redmi phones of yore with crazy SOT

If you want the fastest speeds, a 4G+ router like the TP-Link MR600 for home use or the Netgear Nighthawk MR1100, though both are pretty expensive. I use the Huwaei E8372 WiFi dongle, which I got used from TE, and it serves my needs with regular 4G. I also had the first gen SE, but it did not support 4G+ and was a hassle to keep charged for long enough.

Back