Monitors which is a better monitor?

yashchitale

Disciple
which is a better option for a monitor purchase? Budget around 10k-11.5k.. LED not a must.. gonna use for gaming and watching HD movies.. have sapphire 6850 in crossfire.. is hdmi really necessary for a monitor or is dvi good enough? anyways.. i shortlisted the following..

1: Viewsonic VX2450wm-LED
2: BenQ G2420HD
3: Asus VH242H
4: BenQ E2220HD

Overall the BenQ G2420HD should rule the roost but if you want a really good panel look into the Dell Ultrasharp U 2311H monitor :)

will there be any ghosting on the u2311h? i will be using it with sapphire 6850 in crossfire.. will the 8ms response affect gameplay noticeably? Also are IPS panels really that much better than TN panels?

Yeah they are THAT MUCH BETTER !

contrast , colors , brightness !

earlier TN panels were prefered because of their fast response , but ghosting in IPS is thing of the past now , that was solved 3-4 years back ! :D

HDMI and DVI both are DIgital data transfer interface

HDMI carries both Video and Audio , while DVI carries just video . FOr monitors without speakers or audio out pot HDMI is not of much use

And yeah, HDMi is easy to plug in :)

A monitor must have either HDMi or DVI , having both is just luxury. Having both also give you option to connect two devices at once. like i connected my Xbox and PS3 at once to My monitor.

EIT : DVI carries VIDEO

benq is cheap but their service is atrocious. have had a real bad experience with their monitor e2200hd. i had to mail the MD of the company to solve my problem. buy it but be ready to fight...

Back