Laptops Which is best among MSI CX 620, DELL Inspiron 15R, Acer 5740

Me too in a similar boat.

my options are CX620 and Lenovo G460. similar specs i think.

dunno much abt MSI build qlty. so kinda swaying towards lenovo.

you should avoid acer.. build qlty is cheezy. having a express card is expandability.

Among the laptops you have mentioned, MSI CX 620 fits the bill as it has very good configuration at 33k. You can even play some games at medium settings and it even comes with a 2yr msi warranty.Check in the ebay thread if you can get some coupons to lower the price of already a very good buy at 33k.

I have the MSI CX620 for about a month now and I am really happy with this. The build quality is very good. The only thing I liked better in DELL was the white LED lights compared to the blue in this, but other than that MSI is better in every other aspect of the built. The chicklet keyboard is really super and very comfortable to type. The battery with on-board graphics is easily above 3-1/2 hours with general browsing, MS Office, and an odd video while with the discrete GPU it is a shade below 2 hours. The screen is also very good and sharp. I would strongly recommend this over the DELL except if it's legendary service is more important for someone. I have not seen the Acer one.

p.s.: Of note, if it concerns anybody, the Windows 7 HP that comes with the MSI is 32 bit as compared to the 64 bit that comes with DELL.

Msi has a very good service policy in place for their laptops. major issues such as motherboard replacements and lcd replacements are handled within 48-96 hours. 2-4 days. minor stuff like basic replacement of parts are carried out on the spot. build quality of msi has certainly impressed me. in case anyone has issues with MSI kindly contact me. i can help you with my extensive list of contacts in MSI India. (I don't work for MSI !)

Decan said:
p.s.: Of note, if it concerns anybody, the Windows 7 HP that comes with the MSI is 32 bit as compared to the 64 bit that comes with DELL.
pretty sure u can upgrade to a 64bit edition too....... its just like MS does not give 64bit discs with W7 HB but u can get the disc for an extra cost or u can d/w it.

Back