Which is best UPS around 5-6k for PC

dash2009

Disciple
Looking for a UPS in around 5-6k range with the most backup possible (30min+ under load). System specs are 3700X and 3060 Ti along with a 27 inch monitor. I think 1000 VA will be required.

I have short listed Artis PS-1000Eco 1000VA which I am getting for 5k from amazon. Is there any better option available around that range?

Last edited:
I had bought APC back in 2002. It gave me a backup of 15 mins and it didn't give me any issues. The battery lasted for more than 7+ years.
But those were the days. APC is still regarded as one of the best when it comes to UPS. We have some critical machines on APC UPS in our company.

I will recommend APC too. I bought APC UPS for my desktop setup in 2013, and I am still using it. They have solid quality and are durable, and long lasting. The battery backup remains great for years. I had to get the battery replaced only a few years back.

I had bought MicroMax UPS before this, and the battery deteriorated so fast within an year, and hardly gave me any backup.

APC is reliable, and the backup time does not go down at all.

...most backup possible (30min+ under load)...I think 1000 VA will be required.
UPS has two metrics:
  1. VA rating : this is the power consumption of the inverter that converts DC from batteries to AC power suitable for your PC. Since they are not 100% efficient, you'll actually get only about 60-65% of the rated power, so 600-650W PC load. Check the actual output of the inverter to know how much power you can get
  2. Battery size : this is what determines how long you will be able to use your PC after a power cut. Since UPSs come with inbuilt batteries, you don't always have access to its specs
AFAIK no UPS in that price range exists that suits your requirement. You'll have to go the Home Inverter w/ UPS feature route using huge external batteries

It gave me a backup of 15 mins and it didn't give me any issues. The battery lasted for more than 7+ years
While a small UPS might be able to keep your PC alive for 15 mins, discharging the battery so much will decrease the battery life span drastically. Do that a few times, and you will have to replace them. Even flooded lead acid batteries used for home inverters shouldn't be discharged below 50-60%.

In essence, the small all in one PC UPS are meant only to provide backup for 2-3 minutes, giving you enough time to only save your work and shutdown your PC safely or until a backup generator kicks in, NOT to continue gaming. Unlike lithium cells that power phones & laptops, lead acid batteries should not be deep cycled.

Offcourse.. 15 mins just to ensure you can safely shut down the PC. Back in those days, HDD was the norm so OS would take its own sweet time. Sure Windows 98 was fast back then but I never recall going beyond 5 mins when power went off.

Yes, home UPS are generally there so that you get enough time to shut down your PC. Power here though doesn't go for a long time, and so I often wait for around 5 minutes. Most of the time, power comes back on. But, if it is taking long, I shut down the PC.

Back