CPU/Mobo Which is the best?

For overclocking --- The DFI. LanParty nf4 Ultra D

For overall features and performance and overclocking --- Asus A8N-E.

or wait!!!

The MSI Neo4 Diamond or something. It is filled with features(buit if you want the onboard Live! 24 bit, you need to go ffor the SLI). See tht too before buying.

for stock speed operation even the cheapest Athlo64 motherboard with your required functions will do.

There is not too much performance difference between the motherboards as such when it comes to AMD A64.

There is no point in going for more expensive MSI when you can have something like ASROCK SATA II or even A8N-E a lot cheaper and you can add SB live 24 bit to that.

Decide the feature set you want and but the motherboard.

And honestly DFI is waste of money if you dont wana overclock. But yeah DFI got everything, features, performance, looks, everything.

Well if you don't wanna overclock and aren't familiar with BIOS layouts and settings, then DFI is a big no-no.

ASUS will give you everything else, do look at the A8N-SLi not a bad board, I think somebody on TE wants to sell it...;)

funkymonkey said:
for stock speed operation even the cheapest Athlo64 motherboard with your required functions will do.
There is not too much performance difference between the motherboards as such when it comes to AMD A64.
There is no point in going for more expensive MSI when you can have something like ASROCK SATA II or even A8N-E a lot cheaper and you can add SB live 24 bit to that.
Decide the feature set you want and but the motherboard.
And honestly DFI is waste of money if you dont wana overclock. But yeah DFI got everything, features, performance, looks, everything.

I will install Audigy 2ZS, 7800gtx 256 & AMD X2 on the motherboard.

Slowly getting stuff.

First getting Creative Audigy 2ZS & Viewsonic VP930b in February.

One reason i am hating Xfi is due to the no of connectors.
creative released such a beatiful card but has shared connectors :mad:
for 5.1 Setup and mic , line-in etc......
they shouldnt have done this

seen the Xfi in primeABGB ...... any ideas about the price of the card ...... box of the card was big enuf to fit a small cabby .... :)

Back