Monitors Which LCD : BenQ, Dell or Samsung ?

arnov

Adept
Guys,

I am planning to replace my 6 yrs old 17" Samsung CRT Monitor. I use my PC mainly for Surfing the Net, Listening Music and Watching movies. I am not a Gamer...

I have shortlisted 3 of the LCD Monitors:
1. BENQ G2420
2. DELL ST2410
3. SAMSUNG P2350

Which one to buy??

Secondly in such a big screen do the fonts come up very big and do they look odd, becoz I am a heavy surfer of the net and it's a big switch from 17" to 24"??

^^Yes even I would like to hear that...

In both the above mentioned Dell models I had to search for the dark shades in black. Even I raised a similar thread before making my Purchase. Samsung is lot better between Dell and Sammy. Dell is much more Pricier to their other counterparts and Inferior in quality. Service is ok. Dont think in a way that since Dell is costly they have much better panels.

^^

And that is what we want. To show you all the good options, and then debate, and you finally make a well educated choice....!

Not to add to your confusion but just giving my view on the Benq G2420. Got one this saturday and m loving it. In simple words VFM as dint cost me a bomb (i believe the other 2 monitors are slightly more expensive). As far as i remember the cheapest Dell 24 inchers were costing me 13k +. i got this beauty for a mere 11.2k (incl. of everything).. M not entirely new to LCDs (have used 'n' nos. in office but for personal usage this is a first) but i believe the experience that m getting with the montior is so far amazingly good. The images look amazing and so does the games on this beauty. Although i was initially skeptical about Benq as a brand, as of now its so far so good experience.

^All prices mentioned above are Lamington prices. (got them painstakingly after endless calls and visits to a number of shops)

hehe let me add more to the confusion.. :p

Even I upgraded from a 17" crt to the Dell s2409w about a week ago.. loving it.. :) once you adjust it properly, the blacks are just fine :) movies look great on it and I like every part of the screen :)

Ps: i got it for 12.3k.. so check again for proper pricing :)

what panel are you using?

Since I'm using unboard gfx right now, adjusted it using the intel ghraphics driver :p

and along with the monitor settings :)

My bad.. just saw your siggy :)

I'll just tell ya my settings...

Brightness:5

Contrast:65

Rest all std.. :)

Back